The following video presents ‘NIGHTSHIFT’ – short film behind the scenes (LUMIX S1H + ATOMOS Ninja V):
“Go behind the scenes of Panasonic Lumix S1H (with Pre-production v2.0 firmware) film ‘Nightshift’ with creators Stuart Morgan and Lee Brimble. Shot late at night in Manchester, UK, it showcases the amazing capabilities of the Lumix S1H and Atomos monitor-recorders when pushed to the limits for fast paced production in low light. Morgan and Brimble shot over four nights with the Atomos Ninja V, Shogun 7 and Neon being used in many different applications for both monitoring and recording. It was recorded mostly using 4K Apple ProRes 422 in Super35 format, with the upcoming ProRes RAW recording option also being tested on one of the nights. The stunning result shows just what the camera and Ninja V can do.
You can watch the finished film here: https://youtu.be/SNP33wug0kY
The BTS was shot by Stuart Morgan on the LUMIX S1 in 4K. Nightshift was shot on the LUMIX S1H, with an Atomos Ninja V, using LUMIX and Sigma Lenses, backup and stored on SanDisk memory cards, G-Tech SSD’s and Hard-drives.
The film was shot in early 2020 on the S1H using a variety of shooting modes (V-log, Cine-D, HLG and Apple ProRes RAW) using the pre-production v2.0 firmware for the S1H.”
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Panasonic LUMIX S1H Full-frame Mirrorless Camera’s Firmware Has Been Developed: To Record Apple ProRes RAW on Atomos Ninja V and Achieve Maximum 5.9K/29.97p RAW Video Data Output to Atomos Ninja V 4K HDR Monitor-Recorder over HDMI, and
Panasonic LUMIX S1H Full-frame Mirrorless Camera’s new firmware update Ver. 2.1 (2020/07/28) includes the following function:
- RAW Video Data output over HDMI
– [5.9K] / [4K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 3.5K] 12-bit RAW Video Data can be output over HDMI.
The Apple ProRes RAW can be recorded on Atomos Ninja V.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
* Software that supports Apple ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with NINJA V.
* Apply the LUT (Look up table) available on the following customer support site to make the same color grading as V-Log/V-Gamut.
Operating Instructions for the Change of Specifications
For other important info and to download this new firmware update Ver. 2.1 (2020/07/28), please visit:
Please support this site. Buy the Panasonic LUMIX S1H Camera and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Panasonic LUMIX S1H Camera and Accessories
- Panasonic Lumix S1H Mirrorless Digital Camera Filmmaker’s Kit