- [AF-Point Scope] Function has been added
– Added an AF point scope function that allows you to enlarge the focus position during AF.
- High resolution mode function has been enhanced
– It is now possible to set the shutter speed up to 8 seconds in the High Resolution mode. In addition, [Long Exposure NR] can be used.
– Thanks to the image stabilizer, [Handheld High-Res] mode has been added to enable recording pictures with higher resolution even without using a tripod.
* During [Handheld High-Res] mode, the shutter speed can be set at max 1 second.
- MF Assist Magnification Setting has been added
– It is now possible to magnify the full screen mode display in MF Assist up to approx. 20 times when recording pictures.
- Other performance improvements
– Improved the switching speed between LCD and LVF.
– Improved viewfinder visibility between continuous shooting frames.
– Improved operational stability.
Both the Panasonic S5II Firmware Update V2.2 and the Panasonic S5IIX Firmware Update Ver.1.3 resolve the same issues: