The following video presents Nikon D5500 | Product Video:
The Nikon D5500, the first DX-format camera with a vari-angle touchscreen. Lightweight and powerful, this exceptionally portable D-SLR frees you to capture your best images yet…
From fast movement to challenging low-light situations, and from big prints to sumptuous movies, the D5500 is perfect for creative individuals ready to do more with their photography. The camera’s large DX-format image sensor and an ISO range of 100–25600 ensure you’ll capture crisp, clean images more often than ever before. Combined with the power of a compatible NIKKOR lens, you get images that explode with clarity. Even when printed large or shown on a big screen, your photos and movies will be crystal-clear reflections of the way you see the world.
Nikon service supplies software that can be used to update the D5500 camera “C” firmware to version 1.01 (2016-01-27). Before proceeding, select Firmware version in the camera SETUP MENU and check the camera firmware version. You will not need to download or install this update if this firmware is already installed.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.00 to 1.01 are as follows:
- AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G lenses are now supported.
- Vibration reduction can be enabled or disabled using the new Optical VR option in the photo SHOOTING MENU, which is displayed when an AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR lens is attached.
- The CUSTOM SETTING MENU now contains an a5 Manual focus ring in AF mode option that can be enabled or disabled when an AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR or AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G is attached.
- The following issues have been addressed:
- Noise would occur at four-second intervals in audio output to external recorders connected via HDMI in movie live view.
- Choosing negative values for Exposure compensation in the RETOUCH MENU > NEF (RAW) processing display did not have the desired effect.
- Selecting ON for Exposure smoothing during interval timer photography would result in all shots after the first being overexposed.
For other important info and to download the new firmware update for Nikon D5500, please visit http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/176.html .
The following video presents Nikon D5500: Share Your Creative Touch:
Get in touch with your creativity with the new D5500. Packed with innovative features like a touch screen vari-angle LCD monitor, this compact DX-format camera will empower you to approach your photography from a fresh new angle. Bring your creativity to life with a 24.2-megapixel image sensor and an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine and share amazing moments as they happen with its built-in Wi-Fi®. Follow your creative instincts and bring your vision to life with the intuitive D5500.
You can buy the Nikon D5500 at B&H:
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera (Body Only, Black) – USD $746.95
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens (Black) – USD $1,046.95
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black) – USD $846.95
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens (Red) – USD $1,046.95
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera (Body Only, Red) – USD $746.95
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Red) – USD $846.95
- Nikon 2-Year Extended Service Coverage (ESC) for the Nikon D5500 Digital SLR Cameras – USD $69.00