- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4 Sensor
- New 23mm (35mm equiv) F2 Lens
- Hybrid Optical/ 3.69M-dot 0.52X OLED EVF
- 3.0-in 1.62M-dot Tilt Touch LCD
- Weather Resistance*
- 4K/30p Video
- 17 Film Simulations
- Multiple Exposure
QUICKFACT SHEETT he Fujifilm X100V retains the classic beauty of the X100 Series and the retro analog-style dedicated controls (for selecting shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation and aperture) that provide a tactile experience and make Fujifilm cameras such a joy to use. Underneath that vintage exterior lies a sophisticated camera bristling with many of the latest technologies found in Fujifilm’s flagship X-T3 and X-Pro3.
The Fujifilm X100V is the fifth iteration in Fujifilm’s X100 Series of premium compact fixed-lens cameras, and brings much welcomed improvements.
5 Reasons To Buy The Fujifilm X100V:
- Buy this camera because you need a compact camera that takes pictures with excellent image quality.
- Buy this camera because you love the dedicated analog-style controls and dials (Shutter Speed dial, ISO dial, Aperture Ring, Exposure Compensation dial) that make it so intuitive and fun to use.
- Buy this camera because you prefer or need to use an optical viewfinder.
- Buy this camera because you love to use the creative Film Simulations that are unique to Fujifilm.
- Buy this camera because it is easily one of the — if not the — most exquisitely beautiful camera ever.
Improvements Over the X100F:
- The same 26MP sensor as used in the top-of-the-line X-T3 and X-Pro3 mirrorless cameras, so promises great image quality.
- A completely redesigned 23mmF2 lens (35mm equivalent), enhanced for better resolution, lower distortion and improved close focus performance.
- The 3-inch (1.62M-dot resolution) LCD display on the back now tilts up and down (at last!) and is also touch-enabled (the LCD on the previous model X100F did not tilt and was not touch enabled).
- The hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder now incorporates a higher resolution OLED display: 0.52x magnification optical viewfinder (OVF) / 3.69M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF).
- An upgraded AF system features enhanced Face and Eye Detection.
- A new focusing algorithm improves the low-light capability, allowing focus lock in shooting situations as dark as -5EV.
- A new native ISO range of 160-12800, plus expanded ISO 80, ISO 100, ISO 125, ISO 25,600 and ISO 51,200.
- Video is upgraded to 4K/30p, with internal F-log.
- Faster Continuous Shooting at 11fps (38 JPEG or 17 RAW) with the mechanical shutter, 20fps with the electronic shutter.
- Another improvement that might prove popular with photographers who want to be able to keep the lens wide open at F2 on bright sunny days (for blurred backgrounds) is the increased 4-stop reduction (up from 3 stops on X100F) of the built-in ND (neutral density) Filter.
- Weather resistance*
* Finally, the X100V body (but not the front part of the lens) is now weather-resistant; screw on the optional AR-X100 adapter ring and the PRF-49 protection filter, and the X100V (body and lens) can now be considered completely weather resistant.
A Closer Look at Some of the Improvements
The LCD now tilts up and down for easier high- and low-angle shooting. It is also touch screen for easy AF point selection.
There is another change that should be welcomed by users not used to the spring-loaded Shutter Speed/ISO dial: the dial now lifts up and stays up when changing ISO (with welcomed clicks) and is pushed back down to change shutter speed.
Though it loses the physical Selector dial and its three customizable function buttons, these are replaced by virtual UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT swipes on the touch-sensitive LCD, with functions assignable to each of the swipe.
Buy the Fujifilm X100V
There are so many practical and useful improvements in the Fujifilm X100V that make it such a versatile all-rounder premium compact camera. If you are looking for a compact camera that shoots great pictures, but are still a bit hesitant that the X100V is the right camera for you, do what we usually recommend to our readers: Go try one. If you are not immediately convinced by its good looks, then the feel, handling, premium construction, and top class performance will help you decide. Then, if you decide to buy it, and because we’ve helped you find the right camera, please come back here and purchase from this site.
Though I am partial to the silver model, if you prefer to be more unobstrusive, go for the all-black model.
Please support this site. Pre-Order / Buy the Fujifilm X100V and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Fujifilm X100V (Silver)Camera and Accessories
- Fujifilm X100V (Black) Camera and Accessories
- Fujifilm AR-X100 Adapter Ring (Silver) and Accessories
- Fujifilm AR-X100 Adapter Ring (Black) and Accessories
- Fujifilm wide conversion lens (WCL-X100 II) – Silver and Accessories
- Fujifilm wide conversion lens (WCL-X100 II) – Black and Accessories