This video presents Canon MAXIFY: Grow Your Business.
The MAXIFY Mentors will create editorial and social media content and conversation relevant to Small Business Owners as part of the MAXIFY Mentors team. The campaign will be divided into two phases, starting with a call for contest submissions which will run July 15 through August 31 and will be followed by identification of the winners in September. In order to be considered, business owners with an active Facebook or Twitter account will have to post about a particularly difficult challenge they face as business owner using the hashtag #MAXIFYContest and tag one of the mentors on the MAXIFY Mentors team. Posts may include photos that illustrate the challenge being described.
Seven runners up will receive MAXIFY Prize Packs, and one grand prize winner will spend a one-on-one business consultation session with the MAXIFY MENTORS ‘Brand Ambassador’ Barbara Corcoran– as well as appear in a Canon-sponsored YouTube video short about their small business. This video will be posted on the CanonUSA YouTube channel and distributed as targeted pre-roll across the network.
Canon MAXIFY Mentors Contest
The Canon MAXIFY Mentors Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older, and physically located and residing within the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry.
- Entrant must be a small business owner where the business is five (5) years old or less and has no more than nine (9) employees.
- Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- There will be one (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) selected from the eight (8) Finalists. The seven (7) Finalists who are not the Grand Prize Winner will be runners-up (“Runners-Up”). The Grand Prize Winner and Runners-Up will be announced on or around September 14, 2015.
- One (1) Grand Prize Pack will be offered to the one (1) Grand Prize Winner.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) MAXIFY Small Business Pack which includes one (1) MAXIFY MB 5320 printer (MSRP $199.99), a $250 Canon Online Store Credit to use at the Canon Online Store, an iPad mini 2 device (16GB, Space Gray) (MSRP $303.76), a 1-year subscription to LegalZoom – Biz-Advantage Pro Plan (MSRP $287.88), a 1-year subscription to LifeLock (Standard Membership (MSRP $109.89), and an Intuit Mobile Credit Card Reader (MSRP $14.99) and a trip for the Grand Prize Winner to New York City to meet with Canon’s Brand Ambassador from the MAXIFY Mentors Team for a one-on-one consultation to discuss the Grand Prize Winner’s business model, while receiving insights and advice on how the Grand Prize Winner can improve business moving forward.
- The Grand Prize Winners consultation will be videotaped and produced into a YouTube short that describes the Grand Prize Winner’s small business.
- The trip will consist of round trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner between the major airport nearest to the winner’s home and an airport in New York City and a one (1) night stay at a hotel selected by Sponsor or its agency (one standard room, double occupancy; room rate and taxes only; size and type of room determined by Sponsor in its discretion).
- All travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor or its agents. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner.
- One (1) MAXIFY Small Business Pack will be offered to Seven (7) Runners-Up. Each MAXIFY Small Business Pack includes one (1) MAXIFY MB5320 printer (MSRP $199.99), a $250 Canon Online Store Credit to use at the Canon Online Store, an iPad mini 2 device (16GB, Space Gray (MSRP$303.76), a 1-year subscription to LegalZoom – Biz-Advantage Pro Plan (MSRP $287.88), a 1-year subscription to LifeLock (Standard Membership) (MSRP $109.89), and an Intuit Mobile Credit Card Reader (MSRP $14.99).
- The ARV of each MAXIFY Small Business Pack is $1166.51.
- The Contest Period starts on July 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET.
- Entries submitted before or after the Contest Period will not be eligible to win a prize.
- You will need an active Facebook or Twitter account (each an “Account”) to participate in the Contest. If you don’t already have an Account, visit www.facebook.com or www.twitter.com to create an Account; creating an Account is free.
- Entry into the Contest is free.
- Multiple entries are permitted during the Contest Period, however only one (1) Contest Entry per person will be eligible to become a Finalist (as defined at http://shop.usa.canon.com/estore/marketing/maxify-resources/mentors-program-contest-terms-update2.pdf) .
To Enter the Contest
To enter, during the Contest Period, post about a particularly difficult challenge you face as a small business owner using the hashtag #MAXIFYCONTEST and tag one of the mentors on the MAXIFY MENTORS team (the “Contest Entry”) on your Facebook or Twitter account. Mentors on the MAXIFY MENTORS team and their @ mention are as follows:
Mentor Name @mention. (if different for different platforms, noted below)
a. Brett Relander – Twitter – @brettrelander Facebook- @BrettDRelander @DIYMarketers
b. Ivana Taylor – @DIYMarketers
c. Tim Berry – Twitter – @Timberry Facebook -@TimBerry.page
d. Rhonda Abrams – @RhondaAbrams
e. Barbara Corcoran – @BarbaraCorcoran
See further Conditions of Submission in Section 4 at http://shop.usa.canon.com/estore/marketing/maxify-resources/mentors-program-contest-terms-update2.pdf .
Posts may, but are not required to, include photos that illustrate the challenge being described.
- All eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Entry Period will be judged on the basis of challenge severity (75%), your expression of the challenge experienced (25%) (“Judging Criteria”).
….By submitting a Contest Entry, you consent to receiving direct messages and/or emails from Sponsor and/or its licensees and assignees, including but not limited to its agents and mentors, relating to the Contest. FOR MOBILE USERS – Facebook and Twitter contests may not be supported on all mobile devices. Data rates may apply….
By submitting a Contest Entry, participant hereby grants to Sponsor a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use and display the post content and/or photo, in whole or in part, contained in the Contest Entry and/or the first name, last name, twitter handle, facebook handle, company name and city and state of participant on Contest websites, Sponsor’s social media pages and websites, Sponsor’s mentors’ websites and social media pages and otherwise use the Contest Entry in accordance with these Official Rules, without compensation of any kind or further notice to or approval from participant or any third party. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Contest Entry photo. Promotion Parties do not guarantee that any Contest Entry will be posted. Subject to the rights granted to Sponsor, all entrants retain all copyright in any photos.
…By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and that Sponsor is free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Contest Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone, or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You
acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Contest Entry you submit or to respond to you in any way….
By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that Sponsor can modify your post content and/or photo, including by not limited to, altering, editing, and resizing your photo. By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that you shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation and no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, right of publicity or copyright) arising out of any use, alteration, modification, resizing, distortion or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of any or all of the photo….
Release / Publicity Rights: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, and/or likeness, Facebook or Twitter handle, company name and statements of winner for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide including, but not limited to, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law….
Use of Data: Please see Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, located at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/standard_display/abtcan_lgl_privacy_misc for details of Sponsor’s practices regarding the collection and use of personal information in connection with this Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted Sponsor’s Privacy Statement….
Please read the full Official Rules at http://shop.usa.canon.com/estore/marketing/maxify-resources/mentors-program-contest-terms-update2.pdf .
More info about the MAXIFY Mentors Program is provided at http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/maxify-mentors-program .
Canon Champions Small Business Owners With MAXIFY Mentors Program And Contest
Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran, along with New Mentors Brett Relander, Tim Berry, Rhonda Abrams, and Returning Mentor Ivana Taylor, Engage in MAXIFY Mentors Program
MELVILLE, N.Y., August 5, 2015 – To further highlight the Canon MAXIFY brand of printers, Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the MAXIFY Influencers Program has been expanded to include a mentor program designed to help small businesses navigate the treacherous waters of starting and building a business. Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran, along with Ivana Taylor from DIY Marketers, will be joined this year by three new mentors: Social Media Power Influencer and writer Brett Relander, USA Today columnist and author Rhonda Abrams, and software entrepreneur and blogger, Tim Berry. The program will include content created by these mentors and shared on social networks aimed at helping entrepreneurs and small business owners learn from successful small business owners.
Additionally, a contest will choose one (1) Grand Prize Winner to receive a one-on-one coaching session with Barbara Corcoran in New York City. The day will also be filmed and will appear in a Canon-sponsored YouTube video short featuring the winner’s small business. Seven (7) runners up will each receive MAXIFY prize packages, including a MAXIFY printer MB5320, a $250 Gift Card to use on Canon Direct, an iPad mini, a free 1-year subscription to LegalZoom, a free 1-year subscription to LifeLock and an Intuit Mobile Credit Card Reader. The contest runs now through August 31, 2015.
“Starting and running a small business has never been an easy task to accomplish,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Canon wants to empower small businesses, not only with tools like MAXIFY printers to get the office jobs done efficiently and effectively, but with learned knowledge from entrepreneurs who have already made their businesses successful.”
Canon’s line of MAXIFY printers include five models ranging in price to fit the needs of various levels of emerging businesses to existing and successful companies. These printers offer reliable, high-speed, cost-effective printing solutions developed from years of research and working with a variety of small businesses. These printers incorporate quick first-print technology and have a low-cost per print to help cost-conscious businesses. The printers range in price from $149.99 to $399.99 and offer ease-of-use and creative functions to meet the needs of the wide range of small offices and home offices.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 21 and older. Entrant must be a small business owner where the business is five (5) years old or less and has no more than nine (9) employees. Void outside the 48 contiguous U.S. and D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law. To enter, post on Facebook or Twitter about a particularly difficult challenge you face as a small business owner using the hashtag #MAXIFYCONTEST and tag @brettrelander, @DIYMarketers, @Timberry, @RhondaAbrams or @BarbaraCorcoran. The Contest Period starts at 3:00 PM ET on July 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on August 31, 2015. Multiple entries are permitted during the Contest Period, however only one (1) Contest Entry per person will be eligible to become a finalist (as defined in the Official Rules). There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner and seven (7) Runners-up. See Official Rules for prize details. By entering, you represent and warrant that you own all right and title in the post content and any photo, and the post content and any photo do not violate the intellectual property rights or publicity rights of a third party. By entering, you release sponsor, Facebook and Twitter from any liability associated with participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize. Each Winner and Runners-Up grants sponsor the right to use his/her name, company name, social media handle, state and city and likeness for promotional purposes. Sponsor: Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747. Please visit http://shop.usa.canon.com/estore/marketing/maxify-resources/mentors-program-contest-terms-update2.pdf for the full Official Rules.
For more information and the full list of product specifications, visit:
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2014† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2015. In 2014, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the 11th consecutive year. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This video presents Canon MAXIFY: Family of Printers.