The following video presents 3DPI.TV Interview with Shamil Hargovan from Wiivv:
We talked with the winner of the Inside 3D Printing Startup competition, Shamil Hargovan, the Co-Founder at Wiivv Wearables Company. Shamil actually met the other co-founder at another Inside 3D Printing conference, and now they’re working together on 3d printed custom orthotics.
The Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo will take place on April 15-17, 2015 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City, New York, USA.
The highlights of Inside 3D Printing New York include:
- a full day of tutorials,
- a startup competition,
- an in-depth consulting dinner hosted by Terry Wohlers, and
- eight topic tracks including medical; business and investment; food, fashion, and entertainment; law and IP; education and maker; manufacturing; art, architecture, and design; and aerospace, defense, and technical.
Startup Competition on Day 2: April 16; Starts at 11:45am
“The Startup Competition at Inside 3D Printing is the hottest pitch event in the industry, with participants raising more than $6 million in 2014.“
- Five promising startups, selected by Tyler Benster, will pitch for five minutes in front of a panel of VCs and entrepreneurs to determine this year’s winner.
- Investors “will get the first look at compelling opportunities just around the corner.“
- Previous winners include 3D Hubs (New York 2014) and Wiivv Wearables (Santa Clara 2014).
- If you want to pitch your company and present in this session, please email email@example.com and include about 200 words that describe your business idea.
Sessions and speakers include:
- “Twelve Years From Now,” Jennifer Lawton, MakerBot®
- “Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry”, Terry Wohlers, Wohlers Associates, Inc.
- “3D Medical Printing: From Concept to Clinic, From Education to Regeneration,” Dr. Scott Hollister, University of Michigan
- “Metal 3D-Printing Insights: Past, Present and Future,” Truan TranPham, ARCAM 3D Printing
- “3D Printing: Disrupting Supply Chains,” Bram de Zwart, 3D Hubs
- “3D Design Geometries: Understanding and Applying Generative Microstructures,” Bradley Rothenberg, studioBRAD LLC
- “The Big Picture on 3D Printing: A VC Perspective,” Zack Schildhorn, Lux Capital
This video presents Inside 3D Printing NY 2014.