MakerBot®, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. is a global leader in the desktop 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009, MakerBot has built the largest installed base of desktop 3D printers sold to innovative and industry -‐leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers.
The MakerBot 3D system for 3D printing includes:
MakerBot’s Thingiverse is the world’s largest 3D printing and design community with more than 300,000+ free downloadable digital designs to discover, print and share; or purchase and download files from the MakerBot Digital Store. Everyone can create and remix 3D things. To maintain an open platform, all designs are encouraged to be licensed under a Creative Commons license, meaning that anyone can use or alter any design.
- MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
This video presents Getting Started with the MakerBot® Digitizer™ Desktop 3D Scanner.
- The MakerBot® Digitizer™ Desktop 3D Scanner quickly turns the things in your world into 3D models that you can modify, improve, share, and 3D print.
“With just two clicks, the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner’s easy to use software creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print. The whole process works seamlessly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printers. You don’t need any design or 3D modeling skills to get started.”
The MakerBot® Digitizer™ Desktop 3D Scanner’s camera has 1.3 megapixel CMOS image sensor.
- MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer: A Fifth Generation Model
- The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has an 11 percent larger build volume than the previous MakerBot generation with a build volume of 25.2 L x 19.9 W x 15.0 H cm (9.9 L x 7.8 W x 5.9 H in) and faster print time that accelerate rapid prototyping and model making.
- Offering 100-micron layer resolution to get smooth-to-the-touch surfaces that don’t need sanding, finishing, or postproduction.
- The MakerBot Replicator is app and cloud enabled, offers USB, ethernet and available Wi-Fi connectivity to ensure a seamless production workflow.
- It features a 3.5-inch full-color LCD display and intuitive dial.
- The replicator has an on-board camera for monitoring and sharing, assisted build-plate leveling; and features a new MakerBot Replicator Smart Extruder that is easy to swap or replace and detects filament absence and automatically pauses a print, as well as being optimized for MakerBot PLA Filament.
- MakerBot PLA Filament is a nontoxic resin made of sugar derived from field corn and has a semisweet smell (like waffles) when heated. It is a good material to start with because it’s easy to use and performs well on most prints.
- The onboard camera is for monitoring your print jobs and easy sharing pictures of your 3D prints to MakerBot Thingiverse and social networks.
- It’s accessible through MakerBot Desktop and MakerBot Mobile apps.
- The camera automatically takes reference pictures of final prints and saves them to your cloud storage library.
- Camera resolution is 320 X 240.
- Mobile control via a free MakerBot Mobile app.
- Remote monitoring from on-board camera feed.
- Receive notifications and alerts from your MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer.
The following video presents MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer (Fifth Generation Model).
MakerBot CEO Bre Pettis introduces the fifth generation MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer, now available at http://www.makerbot.com/replicator
Today, we’re excited to announce the latest addition to the MakerBot 3D Ecosystem. Introducing the all-new fifth-generation MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer! Built from the ground up, the MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer defines a new standard in reliability, quality, and ease of use.
All fifth-generation MakerBot 3D Printers are powered by the MakerBot Replicator 3D Printing Platform, which offers amazing features like:
- A groundbreaking user interface equipped with a 3.5″ full-color LCD display
- An on-board camera for remote print monitoring and easy sharing
- The easily swappable and replaceable MakerBot Replicator Smart Extruder, which detects filament absence and automatically pauses your print
- An assisted leveling system to make leveling your build plate easier than ever
The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer is powerful enough for professionals, affordable enough for everyone, and completely integrated with the ever-expanding MakerBot 3D Ecosystem. We can’t wait to see what you make!
MakerBot recently announced the launch of its new MakerBot®-Ready Apps Portal, showcasing a new platform for 3D designs, characters, educational content, games and more — all designed to work with MakerBot Replicator®3D Printers. Eight apps are debuting in the MakerBot-Ready Apps Portal, including three design apps, three entertainment apps, a useful app; and an education-themed app. The MakerBot-Ready Apps are accessible via makerbot.com/readyapps .