Fujifilm Canada today unveiled it’s Spring 2010 line-up of advanced digital cameras, unveiling new features and innovative functionality designed for picture-perfect results everytime. Plus, Fujifilm is the only digital camera brand to include HD across its entire line-up – the 12 new models, all featuring high definition image and video capture, offer something for everyone from the novice photo enthusiast to the pro photographer.
Highlights include two new models featuring Fujifilm’s award-winning EXR sensor (including Fujifilm’s first touch-screen camera), the world’s first 30x manual optical zoom camera, and Fujifilm’s first shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof and mudproof camera.
The entire Spring line-up is featured in a new series of Fuji Guys unboxing and instructional videos available for viewing on YouTube: www.youtube.com/fujiguys.
Fujifilm’s new Spring 2010 Line-up includes:
- Finepix HS10: The world’s first camera featuring 30x manual optical zoom, the HS10 is designed for the advanced photographer. Features include 10MP resolution, a tilting 3-inch LCD with eye sensor, triple image stabilization for clear shots and motion remover. Plus 1080i HD movie mode and Super High Speed Movie mode, allows the user to freeze action and capture breathtaking movies at up to 1000 frames per second.
- Z700EXR: Fujifilm’s first touch screen (3.5-inch) digital camera, features Fujifilm’s EXR technology that automatically adjusts to all lighting and scene conditions. Fujifilm’s new Facebook/YouTube Easy Upload tool allows users to mark photos for online posting right on the camera.
- XP10: Fujifilm’s first shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof and mudproof digital camera with 5x optical zoom, the XP10 is a 12MP model designed as the ultimate adventureproof camera.
- F80EXR: This compact 12MP superzoom (10x wide-angle) digital camera features Fujifilm’s award-winning EXR sensor, 27-270mm range, 3-inch LCD, 720p HD image and video capture, and Fujifilm’s exclusive Face Recognition Technology, allowing users to register faces, names and birthdays of up to eight friends and family in the camera’s memory.
- S1600 and S1800: These entry-level DSLR-style super zooms (15x and 18x, respectively) are feature packed with Smile and Blink detection, Tracking Auto Focus to ensure moving subjects are always in focus, plus 12MP resolution, 3-inch LCD screens and 720p HD image and video capture.
- JZ300 and JZ310: Offering best in class features at an affordable price, both models feature 12MP resolution, Smile and Blink detection, 10x optical zoom and 720p HD image and video capture in a design slim enough to fit in a pocket or purse.
- Z70: The perfect camera for the fashionable photographer on-the-go, featuring Fujifilm’s new Facebook/YouTube Easy Upload tool to mark photos for online posting right on the camera. Plus it features 12MP resolution, 5x optical zoom, 720p HD shooting and Web Mode for on-camera editing.
- JV100 and JX250: The latest upgrades to Fujifilm’s popular J series feature high resolution sensors (12MP and 14MP, respectively), 720p HD picture and video, 3x and 5x optical zoom and panorama mode for stunning panoramic shots. Both models deliver sharp and clear images perfect to enlarge on screen or in print without compromising image quality.
- AV 100 and AV180: The new A series models are easy to use 12MP and 14MP resolution models featuring 720p HD image and video capture for the first time on an entry-level camera. Both models are an ideal first digital camera.
All models will be available across Canada in April at major retailers and specialty camera dealers.
FUJIFILM UNVEILS SPRING 2010 COLLECTION OF ADVANCED DIGITAL CAMERAS
Two EXR models including Fujifilm’s first touch-screen camera, World’s first 30x manual optical zoom camera, and Fujifilm’s first shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof and mudproof camera top the list
February 2, 2010 (Mississauga, ON) – Fujifilm today introduced its Spring 2010 line-up of advanced digital cameras, offering Canadians more options and innovative functions than ever before for picture-perfect results every time. This new range of 12 cameras offers something for everyone, from novice photo enthusiast to expert photographer with a suite of exclusive features and all come with Fujifilm’s 2 Year Canadian Warranty.
All 12 cameras shoot in High Definition (HD) image and video capture for high quality results that can be re-lived on any HD-ready television – Fujifilm is the only digital camera brand to offer HD across its entire line-up. Other new technologies include a Facebook/YouTube Easy Upload tool for quick and easy photo sharing on social networking sites and Face Recognition Technology that remembers up to eight friends or family faces for preferred focus and exposure.
“We’re very excited to launch this line-up, offering Canadians more features and functionality than ever before from our entry level models to the more advanced,” says Greg Poole, V.P Imaging Division, Fujifilm Canada. “Fujifilm is a leader in developing breakthrough digital camera technology like our exclusive EXR sensor, and consumers will see that throughout the collection.”
F80EXR and Z700EXR: Compact Superzoom and Touch Screen Cameras with Award-Winning EXR Sensor
Fujifilm’s F80EXR is one of two newest additions to it’s line-up of highly advanced compact digital cameras with proprietary and award-winning EXR technology. Modeled on the human eye, the Super CCD EXR sensor maximizes image quality, adjusting instinctively to all lighting and scene conditions. It offers the same three EXR Priority modes (Wide Dynamic Range, High Sensitivity and High Resolution) as its predecessors and for the ultimate in ‘point and shoot’, EXR Auto mode takes the guesswork out of setting the camera by doing everything for you.
The F80EXR features a high resolution 12 megapixel EXR sensor, a large 3-inch LCD and a 10x wide-angle zoom lens, offering a hugely versatile 27-270mm range (35mm camera equivalent). It also features 720p HD image and video capture that will produce stunning, detailed images that can be enjoyed in glorious High Definition on any HD ready television* or PC.
*To connect to an HD-ready TV, you will need a HD Card Reader and HDMI cable (optional extras).
It also features Fujifilm’s innovative Pro-Light Mode which provides extremely low noise even when zooming in low light scenes by combining a burst of 4 high sensitivity images using High Sensitivity mode in quick succession. Using sophisticated Multi Frame Technology, all four images are merged to create one image.
The F80EXR also includes Fujifilm’s exclusive Face Recognition Technology – an upgrade to Face Detection technology that allows the user to register the faces, names and birthdays of up to eight friends and family in the camera’s memory. When shooting groups, the F80EXR can be set to prioritize focus and exposure on faces that it recognizes (up to five) and will display their names on the screen as the photo is being composed. In playback mode the FinePix F80EXR’s sophisticated new Image Search feature allows users to search for specific pictures by name or category.
The Z700EXR is Fujifilm’s first touch screen digital camera with its award-winning EXR sensor that automatically adjusts to all lighting and scene conditions. A 3.5 inch touch screen display panel with “HD-like” 460k pixel resolution allows the user to effortlessly take and view photos and navigate the camera’s many functions. With this responsive screen, the user can also select the area of a shot to focus on with a simple tap of a finger.
It also includes Fujifilm’s new Facebook/YouTube Easy Upload tool allowing the user to mark photos for online posting right on the camera. When the camera connects to a PC with MyFinePix Studio software, all marked photos or videos upload directly at the press of a button. Featuring 720p HD Video, a Fujinon 5x zoom lens, 12 megapixel resolution, Dual Image Stabilization and ISO sensitivity to 3200 at full resolution, the Z700EXR is a must-have camera that produces high quality images and videos that are easy to share.
Other features include exclusive Face Recognition technology and Intelligent Scene Recognition. Available in Silver for a suggested retail price of CAD $279.99. For more on the Z700EXR, check out the Fuji Guys videos at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
FinePix HS10 – World’s First 30x Manual Optical Zoom Digital Camera
Fujifilm introduces the world’s first 30x manual optical zoom digital camera as part of its range of superzoom cameras for the advanced photographer. The HS10 combines a powerful super wide 24 – 720mm (30x) zoom lens with sophisticated photographic controls, advanced functionality and D-SLR handling in a single compact, affordable unit. Manual zoom control enables the photographer to make precision adjustments with faster and more accurate zooming than electronically powered zooms. It also features full HD movie mode (1080i) with stereo sound and mini HDMI output for easy display.
A new Super High Speed Movie function allows you to freeze action and capture breathtaking movies at up to 1000 frames per second. The FinePix HS10 can also shoot full resolution photos at 10 frames per second as well as sweeping panorama shots. The FinePix HS10’s 10MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor features an innovative new design that significantly increases the light gathering ability of every pixel. Combined with Fujifilm’s image processing expertise, the new sensor produces stunning richly-detailed low noise images, even when shooting in very low light.
Other innovative Fujifilm features include:
- Tilting 3” LCD with eye sensor: when you approach the EVF, the eye sensor automatically switches the picture to the EVF, and when the eye is withdrawn, the image is automatically switched back to the LCD. This feature increases the speed at which instant shots can be taken
- Triple Image Stabilization: combines a mechanically stabilized CMOS sensor with high ISO sensitivities up to ISO6400 and advanced multi-frame digital stabilization for total anti-blur protection, for sharp results even at the longest zoom settings or in the most challenging lighting conditions.
- Motion Remover Mode: captures five images of a scene in quick succession and combines them in-camera to produce a single image**, removing anything that was moving the shot – like moving traffic or tourists.
** 2 megapixels output image
From sweeping landscapes, interiors and large group shots to distant sports or wildlife action and super close-ups, the FinePix HS10 offers a zoom range from super wide to ultra telephoto – including a Super Macro mode that zooms in as close as 1 centimeter. Available for a suggested retail price of CAD $499.99. For more on the HS10, check out the Fuji Guys video at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
XP10 – All-Weather and Adventure-Proof
The Fujifilm XP10 is Fujifilm’s first shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof and mudproof digital camera, offering 12 megapixel resolution, high-precision 5x Fujinon optical zoom lens and 720p HD image and video capture – it’s the ultimate adventureproof camera. Shockproof to 1 metre, waterproof to 3 metres, freezeproof to -10oC and mudproof, this practical all-weather camera is housed in a lightweight stylish metal body making it suitable for taking to the beach or trails or slipping it into a handbag or pocket for a night out.
The Fujinon 5x vertical optical zoom lens operates without protruding from the camera body, further protecting it from any knocks or damage. Digital Image Stabilization reduces image blur while high sensitivity settings (up to ISO 1600) and a high resolution 12 megapixel CCD sensor deliver sharp, clear images at the touch of a button.
And for the on-the-go adventurer, the XP10 also includes Fujifilm’s new Facebook/YouTube Easy Upload feature allowing the user to mark photos for online posting right on the camera – when the camera connects to a PC with MyFinePix Studio software, all marked photos or videos upload directly at the press of a button. Other features include: Intelligent Scene Recognition, Smile Detection, Blink Detection and Tracking Auto Focus. Available in Silver, Green, Blue and Pink for a suggested retail price of CAD $199.99. For more on the XP10, check out the Fuji Guys video at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
S1600 and S1800 – Entry-level Super Zoom
Fujifilm’s S1600 and S1800 superzoom cameras deliver remarkably high quality results all the way from 28mm wide angle through to 420mm (15 x zoom for the S1600) or 504mm (18x zoom for the S1800) telephoto. Both lightweight DSLR-style models provide 12 megapixel resolution, 3” LCD Screens and a suite of exciting new features including:
- 720p HD image and video capture: to produce stunning, detailed images that can be enjoyed in glorious High Definition on any HD ready television* or PC. *To connect to an HD-ready TV, you will need a HD Card Reader and HDMI cable (optional extras).
- Tracking Auto Focus: tracks moving subjects and ensures that when the shot is taken the subject is in the centre of the frame and in perfect focus
- Panorama Mode: takes a series of pictures and then stitches them together to create an impressive continuous shot of a landscape or a group of friends
- Smile/Blink Detection: Smile Detection recognizes the precise moment when the subject smiles and only releases the shutter then; and Blink Detection warns if any subjects have blinked so the user can reshoot if needed
Other features include Intelligent Scene Recognition and Dual Image Stabilization. Available for a suggested price of CAD $229.99 (S1600) and CAD $249.99 (S1800). For more on the S1600 and S1800, check out the Fuji Guys videos at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
JZ300/310 – Affordable Compact Superzooms
Offering best-in-class features at an affordable price, the superzoom JZ300/310 is a technologically advanced 12 megapixel compact camera in a thin metal body with razor-sharp Fujinon optics. The camera is slim enough to fit into a pocket or purse, yet comes with a 28mm wide angle 10x optical zoom lens. Paired with Fujifilm’s advanced CCD-Shift Image Stabilization, it ensures focused, blur-free images even at the full zoom range.
It also features 720p HD image and video capture and Intelligent Scene Recognition technology, which automatically selects from six pre-programmed scenes and optimizes camera settings providing the best shot possible. Other features include Smile/Blink Detection and Tracking Auto Focus. Available in Silver and Black at a suggested retail price of CAD $229.99. For more on the JZ300/310, check out the Fuji Guys video at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
Z70 – Stylish and Sophisticated Social Networker
Designed for the trendsetter looking for a blend of style and functionality, the Z70 is the perfect camera for the fashionable photographer on the go. Its new Facebook/YouTube Easy Upload feature allows the user to mark photos for online posting right on the camera – when the camera connects to a PC with MyFinePix Studio software, all marked photos or videos upload directly at the press of a button.
Key features include: 12 megapixel resolution, a Fujinon 5x optical zoom, 720p HD shooting, Web Mode for on-camera effects editing and Intelligent Scene Recognition that intelligently detects the scene type and shooting conditions, optimizing the camera settings accordingly. And with a 17.9mm thin metal body, the Z70 can be slipped easily into a handbag or pocket with ease. Available in two colours, Pink and Champagne Gold for a suggested retail price of CAD $169.99. For more on the Z70, check out the Fuji Guys video at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
JV100 and JX250 – Cutting Edge Style in High-Res
Fujifilm’s popular J Series gets an upgrade with two models offering high resolution sensors, 720p HD picture and video and top quality Fujinon optics, housed in a high-quality metal body with soft, curved edges for a sculpted, sophisticated look. Delivering sharp and clear images perfect to enlarge on screen or in print without compromising image quality, the JV100 features a 12 megapixel sensor with 3x Fujinon optical zoom (37-111mm equivalent) whereas the JX250 features a 14 megapixel sensor and 5x Fujinon 28mm wide-angle optical zoom lens.
Both models have Intelligent Scene Recognition to optimize camera settings by automatically detecting the scene type and shooting conditions, Panorama Mode for stunning panoramic shots and Smile and Blink Detection to ensure your portraits turn our crystal clear.
Other features include Digital Image Stabilization, Tracking Auto Focus and Li-ion Rechargeable Batteries. Available in Black, Silver, Pink and Blue for a suggested retail price of CAD $149.99 (JV100) and CAD $179.99 (JX250). For more on the JV100 and JX250, check out the Fuji Guys video at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
AV100 and AV180 – Feature Rich and Affordable
Fujifilm’s AV100 and AV180 entry-level compact digital cameras are easy to use, allowing users to take great photos with minimal effort – ideal for consumers investing in their first digital camera. And for the first time on an entry-level camera, both models feature 720p HD image and video capture.
The AV100 offers 12 megapixel resolution with a 2.7” LCD and the AV180 offers industry-leading 14 megapixel resolution with a 3-inch LCD – both perfect for enlarging on screen or in print without compromising image quality. High resolution sensors and top quality Fujinon 3x optical zoom lenses combined with high sensitivity settings (up to ISO 3200 at 3 MP) deliver sharp, clear images in all conditions. Other features include Panorama Mode and Intelligent Scene Recognition. Available in Black and Silver for a suggested retail price of CAD $99.99 (AV100) and CAD $119.99 (AV180). For more on the AV100 and AV180, check out the Fuji Guys video at www.youtube.com/fujiguys or www.fujifilm.ca.
All models will be available beginning in April 2010 across Canada at major retailers and specialty camera dealers.
For additional details and full press releases, please visit: http://fujifilm.ca/x584.xml
About FUJIFILM Canada Inc.
FUJIFILM Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation of Tokyo, one of the world’s leading imaging and information companies. FUJIFILM Canada is based in Mississauga, Ontario, with regional offices in Montreal and Vancouver. A leader in the development of technologies that provide the back bone for state-of-the-art Imaging, Graphic Arts, Photofinishing and Recording Media products, FUJIFILM Canada stands proud as a proven solutions-provider. For more information, visit www.fujifilm.ca.