The following video presents Olympus Corporate Video:
“OLYMPUS cares about your health and happiness“
Enriching Human Life
….Olympus develops ground-breaking cameras that enable people to experience the special joy of taking photos. These include Olympus mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras.
Contrary to conventional heavy, bulky, and cumbersome SLRs, Olympus offers models that are lightweight, small, easy to use and have wide range of interchangeable lenses. Olympus mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras are renowned for its many attributes, plus high functionality and operability, and have gained wide acceptance worldwide.
Olympus connects with society by providing people with the opportunity to seize the precious moments in our lives.
Ultimately, we wish to enrich people’s lives with joy.
The Olympus Global Open Photo Contest is one of the world’s leading photo contests.
- All photographers across the globe are invited to participate in the contest for a chance to get rewarded for their creative works with great prizes.
With the Global Open Photo Contest, Olympus wants to inspire people to perceive the world in a new light and to change their usual perspective.
The contest supports the development and spread of photography, accepting entries in six categories related to Olympus’ corporate vision: “Getting Outside”, “Art”, “Power of Life”, “Light”, “Stories” and “Connections to Cherish”
- Anyone, with the exception of those employed by Olympus or its affiliates, may enter this contest.
- If you are under 18, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before entering.
- For citizens residing in European Union countries, Olympus cannot accept participation by minors under 7.
- Anyone who registers to enter can participate.
- Those who entered past Olympus Global Open Photo Contests must register again.
- Olympus accepts entries taken with any kind of camera of any brand. Any camera from a DSLR to a smartphone camera may be used.
The following video presents Move into a New World with the OM-D E-M1 Mark II:
“Take a look at some of our favorite E-M1 Mark II features!“
- Prizes will be presented to one Grand Prize winner and 13 winners per theme.
- Grand Prize: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II + M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO + 1,000,000 Japanese Yen (USD $8,807 at the current exchange rate).
- Second Prize (one per category): Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III + M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ.
- Third Prize (one per category): Olympus PEN E-PL8 + M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ.
- Runners-Up (ten per category): Moleskine Custom Edition Hard Cover Notebook with Olympus camera cover design
The following video presents PEN-F Feature Introduction Video:
“Introducing the new Olympus PEN-F a compact system camera created by fusing cutting-edge digital technology with craftsmanship handed down from 80 years of Olympus camera manufacturing.“
- Only online entries will be eligible. User registration is required.
- In order to enter the contest, please register at https://sso.gopc.olympus-global.com/openId/server/nego .(Each individual may register only once.)
- There are six categories. The same photo may not be entered in multiple categories.
- Photo entries are limited to those that have never been publicly displayed. Any photo available as stock photography is considered to be publicly displayed. Also, photos which have been awarded a prize in another contest or those which are currently entered in another contest are not eligible.
However, photos which an entrant has posted on his or her own website, blog, or social media for non-commercial purposes or those which have been submitted to an Olympus community site are eligible.
- Each entrant may submit up to 5 photo entries for each category.
- Enter from the Categories section at https://gopc.olympus-global.com/2017/ .
*Anyone submitting an entry is asked to register a username.
- The six categories are:
Enter a photo that conveys the joy, freedom, or excitement of discovery you feel when you are outside.
Enter a creative photo that showcases your unique artistic visions.
Power of Life
Enter a powerful photo that conveys how beautiful, vibrant, healthy, and full of energy life can be.
Light can take on many characters. It can be vivid, faint, warm, spontaneous… Enter a photo showing one of the many faces of light.
Enter a photo that tells a whole story all in a single image.
Connections to Cherish
Enter a heart-warming photo that expresses the love and peace of mind that family and friends provide you with.
- Entries will be evaluated by six renowned photographers.
- The winners will be announced on the contest website in early June 2018.
- Olympus Corporation
- Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Operations Team
- Email: email@example.com
….Photos that have been entered will appear on the photo contest website during and after the photo contest period (photos can not be removed from the website once the entry period is over) and may also appear in Olympus promotional material (please see Copyrights to Photo Entries). Olympus reserves the right to edit the photos as needed when used for promotional purposes.
….For winning entries that Olympus elects to display at photo exhibitions or for use in printed material related to the contest, Olympus may request higher resolution data or data without watermarks or credits (if present in the original entry) after the contest has ended.
….Olympus Corporation may perform slight alteration or processing when publishing, displaying, or otherwise using award-winning entries.
….Copyrights or ownership rights to any image submitted as an entry shall remain with the respective entrant. However, to the extent permitted by law, by submitting the entry the entrant grants Olympus the perpetual, royalty free, and irrevocable, worldwide rights to feature, display, post, copy, print, or otherwise use the submitted images in any of Olympus’ websites, e-mails, catalogues, posters, magazine or newspaper articles, books, third-party websites, exhibitions, and any promotional material, globally, during the contest and for a period of three (3) years after the contest is over.
….. If a dispute arises between an entrant and Olympus Corporation regarding this service that is not resolved even through discussion, the Tokyo District Court or Tokyo Summary Court in Japan will be the court with exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance.
For other important info and the complete Entry Conditions, please visit:
The following video presents E M10 Mark III Product Introduction:
Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2017-18
London, 11/27/2017 • Renewed: Olympus challenges photographers across all continents to enter a global photo contest again – The Olympus Corporation is pleased to announce the Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2017-18 starting at 27. November 2017. Olympus invites professional and amateur photographers from all over the world – regardless of their choice of equipment – to enter the contest at https://gopc.olympus-global.com/2017 until 26. February 2018.
With the Global Open Photo Contest, Olympus wants to inspire people to perceive the world in a new light and to change their usual perspective. Being held for the third time, the contest has become one of the world’s leading photo contests, receiving over 100,000 entries in 2016-17. The contest supports the development and spread of photography, accepting entries in six categories related to Olympus’ corporate vision: “Getting Outside”, “Art”, “Power of Life”, “Light”, “Stories” and “Connections to Cherish”.
To participate, simply register on the contest website https://gopc.olympus-global.com/2017 and submit at least one image. Each participant can upload up to 5 images per category in JPEG format with a maximum 15 MB file size. All entries from 11:00 (JST) on 27. November 2017 to 15:59 (JST) on 26. February 2018 will be eligible.
The winners will be selected by a jury of 6 renowned photographers and will be announced on the contest website in early June 2018. The Grand Prize (one winner, receiving an OM-D E-M1 Mark II digital camera with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens and 1 million Japanese Yen) will be chosen across all categories and entries. Further prizes will be awarded for each category (1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize receiving Olympus cameras, and Honorable Mentions each receiving a Moleskine Custom Edition notebook).
Further information on the contest guidelines and categories as well as on the prizes and judges can be found at https://gopc.olympus-global.com/2017 .
The company and product names specified in this release are the trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Olympus Marketing Manager
Olympus Europa is the headquarters for the region Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) of the Olympus Corporation, Tokyo. As a worldwide leading manufacturer of optical and digital precision technology, Olympus provides innovative solutions for state-of-the-art medical systems, digital cameras as well as scientific solutions. The company’s award winning products are instrumental in detecting, preventing and healing illness, driving scientific research and documenting life with artistic freedom. In the hands of its customers, Olympus’ high-tech products help to make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
For more information: www.olympus-europa.com
Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2017-18:
- Open for entries from
27. November 2017, 11:00 (JST) to 26. February 2018, 15:59 (JST)
- Six categories:
– Getting Outside
– Power of Life
– Connections to Cherish
- Judges are 6 renowned professionals from all over the world
- Prizes: 1 Million Japanese Yen and top notch photography gear from Olympus
- Winners will be announced in early June 2018 on the contest website
The following video presents The Distinctively Stylish & Compact Olympus PEN E-PL8:
“The Olympus PEN E-PL8 offers brilliant image quality in a fashionable, compact body.”
The following video presents M Zuiko 12mm f2 0 Lens:
The following video presents M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens:
“An extremely portable 3X Electronic Zoom lens that will complement the compact design of any PEN or OM-D body. Less than 1 inch thick and packed with the latest in lens technology, this lens features an MSC focusing mechanism for near silent focusing, a circular aperture unit and no less than 8 lens elements in 7 groups including on ED and one HR lens element. The Electronic Retraction feature automatically extends and retracts the lens when the camera is powered on/off. And the two-step variable Electronic Zoom mechanism delivers smooth consistent zooming control especially desirable when shooting HD movies. An Automatic opening protective lens cap is optionally available.“
Please support this site. Buy the following Olympus Cameras and Lenses as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Camera and Accessories
- Olympus PEN-F Camera and Accessories
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Camera and Accessories