This is an update to the previous blog, World Photography Organisation’s New 2015 Mobile Phone Award: Submit Entries by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 27 Feb.2015.
Voting is now open to choose your winner of the inaugural Mobile Phone Award at the Sony World Photography Awards.
- World Photography Organisation (WPO) received 10,293 entries from around the world.
- A shortlist of 20 shots (from 17 mobile phone photographers) has been compiled by WPO expert panel of judges:
- To Vote:
- View all 20 shortlisted Mobile Phone Award entries at http://worldphoto.org/shortlist/2015-mobile-phone-award-vote-for-your-winner .
- Then simply “Like” your favourite via the Facebook “Like” button, located on the bottom of each image to the right.
- The image with the most FaceBook Likes will be crowned the winner.
This winner will receive the following prizes:
- a trip to London in the UK to attend the Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony on 23 April,
- to be included in the 2015 Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London from 24th April – 10th May, and
- a Sony Mobile product bundle including the flagship Xperia™ smartphone and tablet.
Congratulations and Good Luck! / Félicitations et bonne chance!
Public voting open for inaugural Mobile Phone Award winner at
2015 Sony World Photography Awards, the world’s biggest photography competition
- Over 10,200 images submitted in just four weeks
- Expert panel shortlisted 20 images from across the world
- Just one week to vote via www.worldphoto.org – deadline is Tuesday 17 March
- The single photograph with the most votes wins trip to London, flagship Sony Xperia™ smartphone and tablet and will be exhibited in London
- 10 March: Public voting opens today to decide the winner of the first Mobile Phone Award at the Sony World Photography Awards. Members of the public can choose from 20 spectacular shots shortlisted by an expert judging panel at www.worldphoto.org
- The Sony World Photography Awards is the world’s biggest photography competition and this year it launched a new competition dedicated to mobile phone photography. The Mobile Phone Award was introduced in recognition of the increased accessibility the latest camera technology within mobile phones has given photographers of all abilities and the creative freedom this has allowed.
- Photographers had just one month from 27th January to enter their best shots taken with any mobile phone. The competition received a staggering 10,293 entries from across the world in this short time.
- A shortlist of 20 images has been compiled by the following experts from across the photographic industry:
- Anna Dickson, Deputy Director of Photography, Wall Street Journal, USA
- Chris Hudson, Group Art Editor, National Geographic Traveller, UK
- Anthony Lepinay, Photographer and Creative Director, France
- Alvin Soon, Associate Editor, HWM and HardwareZone.com, Singapore
- Evgeny Tchebotarev, CPO and Co-Founder, 500px, Canada
- The 20 shortlisted photographers are:
- Craig Atkinson, UK
- Salvatore Calafato, Italy
- Monica Coteriano, Portugal
- Emanuel Faria, Portugal
- Henny Gylfa, Iceland
- Ryszard Kaźmierczak, Poland
- Olga Nazarova, Russia
- Luca Laghetti, Italy
- Hamed Nazari, Iran (shortlisted for two images)
- Nuno Perestrelo, Portugal
- Atle Rønningen, Norway
- Ako Salemi, Iran
- Janos Schmidt, Hungary (shortlisted for two images)
- Gerard Trang, France
- Mijail Vallejo, Ecuador (shortlisted for two images)
- Carla Vermeend, Netherlands
- Helen Whelton, UK
- The winner is now to be chosen via public vote at www.worldphoto.org
- Members of the public simply go to http://worldphoto.org/mobshortlist/ to view all 20 shortlisted images and “Like” their favourite image.
- The image with the most “Likes” will be named the winner and will be revealed at the 2015 Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony in London on Thursday 23 April.
- The winner will receive:
- A trip to London to attend the Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony on 23 April
- Will be included in the 2015 Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London from 24th April – 10th May
- A Sony Mobile product bundle including the flagship Xperia™ smartphone and tablet.
- For further information and images from the shortlist please contact
Jill Cotton, Senior Press Manager, World Photography Organisation
+44 (0) 20 7886 3043/ email@example.com
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $75 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/