The Photographers’ Gallery
Presents the exhibition:
Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2014: Richard Mosse
The winner of Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2014 is Richard Mosse for The Enclave.
11 April – 22 June 2014
Plus FREE Tour of Deutsche Börse 2014
by Curator, Eva Eicker: Saturday, 24 May, 3 P.M.
The Photographers’ Gallery, 16 – 18 Ramillies St, London W1F 7LW, UK
firstname.lastname@example.org; +44 (020) 7087 9300
- Enjoy a FREE, guided exhibition tour with Eva Eicker of the four nominated artists’ exhibitions.
The Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2014 rewards a living photographer, of any nationality, for a specific body of work in an exhibition or publication format, which has significantly contributed to photography in Europe between 1 October 2012 and 30 September 2013.
- Deutsche Börse has sponsored the £30,000 prize since 2005.
- The Prize showcases new talents and highlights the best of international photography practice.
- It is one of the most prestigious prizes in the world of photography.
- The Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2014 is organised by The Photographers’ Gallery and is on display there until 22 June followed by presentations at the Deutsche Börse headquarters in Frankfurt/Eschborn, from 17 July until mid September.
The winner of the annual Deutsche Börse Photography Prize – £30,000 ($50,598.00 US Dollar at the present exchange rate) is Richard Mosse for his exhibition “The Enclave” at Venice Biennale, Irish Pavilion (1 June – 24 November 2013).
- An interview with Richard Mosse, nominated in the Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2014 for his exhibition The Enclave at the Venice Biennale Irish Pavillion.
This year’s shortlisted artists are:
- Alberto Garcia-Alix for his publication “Autorretrato/Selfportrait”, La Fabrica Editorial (2013) ;
- Jochen Lempert for his exhibition “Jochen Lempert” at Hamburger Kunsthalle (22 June – 29 September 2013); and
- Lorna Simpson for her exhibition “Lorna Simpson (Retrospective)” at Jeu de Paume, Paris (28 May – 1 September 2013).
The 2014 Jury includes:
- Kate Bush, Curator,
- Jitka Hanzlová, Artist,
- Thomas Seelig, Director/Curator, Fotomuseum Winterthur,
- Anne-Marie Beckmann, Curator, Art Collection Deutsche Börse, and
- Brett Rogers, Director of The Photographers’ Gallery, is the non-voting Chair.
The following video presents “An interview with Brett Rogers about the Deutsche Börse Photography Prize” from The Photographers’ Gallery on Vimeo.
- Brett Rogers, the Director of The Photographers’ Gallery discusses the history of the Prize, this year’s shortlisted artists and future ambitions for the competition.