The following video presents Corbis: 2011 LOOK3 Festival:
The LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph is a visual celebration. Historic downtown Charlottesville is transformed into a living gallery with outdoor screenings, exhibitions and presentations from legendary icons of photography. Nan Goldin, Mary Ellen Mark and Steve McCurry are few among the unique and engaging personalities who took the stage in 2011 to share their stories.
LOOK3.org is a a nonprofit organization which challenges assumptions about photography by presenting diverse work by a variety of artists, developing innovative educational initiatives, and offering immersive community events.
Our mission is to celebrate the vision of extraordinary photographers, ignite conversations about critical issues, and foster the next generation of artists.
The LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph supports the established community priorities identified in the Create Charlottesville/Albemarle Cultural Plan. We encourage you to read over the plan and think about how you can contribute to the continued growth of Charlottesville’s arts and culture community!
The FREE community events of the LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph include:
The following video presents Live tutorial: Portrait photography with Bert Stephani:
(The festival will take place in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.)
Community Print Share: Monday, June 13, 2016; 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Photographers are invited to showcase five of their finest photographs to display for the Charlottesville community to enjoy. To present your work, please RSVP at http://www.look3.org/2016-events/community-events/community-print-share .
- Photographer Check-in at 5:30 pm; Doors open at to the public at 6:30 pm
PDN Emerging 30 Panel: Strategies For Emerging Photographers: Jun 14, 2016; 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- Photographers selected for “PDN’s 30 2016: New and Emerging Photographers to Watch” will share the most valuable lessons learned as they were launching their careers, and explain how they got their work noticed and supported.
Evening Projections: Time Magazine at Sprint Pavilion: Jun 17, 2016: 9:00pm – 11:00pm
- The outdoor projection event will be located in the heart of the LOOK3 Festival, on the historic Downtown Mall of Charlottesville.
- This year’s Friday Evening Projection will offer a diverse range of images curated by the photography editors at TIME Magazine.
Photowalks: June 17 – 19; 8:30am – 10:30am
- Each morning, there will be a photowalk to check out new cameras and join with a group to head to the streets with a photographer and technician.
- Please sign up at LOOK3 Registration upon arrival.
Family Photo Day: Jun 19, 2016; 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Canon and Fujifilm will be offering family portrait sessions (you will leave with a print). Bring your family and celebrate Father’s Day with LOOK3!
- Also, there will be photography-related activities for children.
Finale Party: IX Art Park: Sat, Jun 18, 2016 11:00pm – Sun, Jun 19, 2016 1:00am
- Immediately following the Saturday evening projections produced by MediaStorm will be the LOOK3 Festival closing party at the IX Art Park.
For the more info as well as the complete schedule of events at the festival, please visit http://www.look3.org/ .
The following video presents Portrait Photography with Graham Monro: