The FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens is a lightweight and compact telephoto zoom for the Fujifilm APS-C X-mount mirrorless cameras. It has 35mm equivalent of 107-457mm. It is compatible with the FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR (a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of 630mm with 1 stop of stop-loss) and FUJINON XF2X TC WR (a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of up to 914mm with 2 stops of stop-loss) teleconverters.
Fujifilm Announces New FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens
Valhalla, N.Y. -January 27, 2021 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens (XF70-300mmF4-5.6), an interchangeable zoom lens for X Series digital cameras that combines high performance with portability.
“This new lens is a lightweight and compact telephoto zoom that provides image-makers with a broad range of focal lengths between 70mm and 300mm (35mm equivalent of 107mm – 457mm),” says Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management for FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division. “Its fast autofocus (AF), up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilization, and weather-resistance make it a natural choice for image-makers that need a versatile lens option that isn’t heavy.”
Product features include:
Broad range of focal lengths in a compact and lightweight design
- Weighing just 1.27 lb. (580g) with a length of 5.21 in. (132.5mm), XF70-300F4-5.6 combines 17 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical element and two, extra-low dispersion (ED) elements, into a compact and lightweight body that only has a diameter of 2.95 in. (75mm).
- Paired with Fujifilm’s FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR lens, image-makers can use the XF70-300F4-5.6 to maximize portability and maintain versatility with just two lenses, effectively covering the 35mm equivalent focal lengths between 24mm and 457mm at a fraction of the size and weight.
Compatibility with FUJINON 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 is compatible with the FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR and FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconverters. When XF70-300mmF4-5.6 is paired with XF2X TC WR, it is possible to achieve a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of up to 914mm with only 2 stops of stop-loss. When using it with XF1.4X TC WR, XF70-300mmF4-5.6 will provide a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of 630mm with just 1 stop of stop-loss.
- With either of the FUJINON teleconverters attached, photographers can continue to enjoy phase detection AF without a reduction in performance.
Powerful 5.5-stop image stabilization
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 offers up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilization (OIS) to help minimize the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. Additionally, the lens’s OIS capabilities can also be combined with the in-body image stabilization (IBIS) systems found in FUJIFILM X-T4 and FUJIFILM X-S10 to add five-axis stabilization, which can further help to minimize shake caused by linear shift.
Fast and near-silent AF drive
- The use of the linear-motor drive system in XF70-300mF4-5.6 enables fast and near-silent autofocusing, which allows it to fully leverage and make use of the advanced AF system found in X Series cameras.
Maximum magnification of 0.33x or equivalent of 0.5x in the 35mm film format for 1:2 close-ups
- With a minimum focus distance of 32.6 in. (83cm) and magnification of 0.33x (a 35mm equivalent of 0.5x), XF70-300mmF4-5.6 can be used to create dynamic close-up photography, making small objects, like flowers, fill the entire frame. Attached to the FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconverter, maximum magnification is extended to 0.66x (the 35mm equivalent of 1:1 magnification), and a necessary requirement to achieve optimal results in macro photography.
Dust- and weather-resistant structure and low-temperature operability
- Weather-resistant seals have been applied at 10 locations along the lens barrel to protect it against dust and moisture, while also giving XF70-300mmF4-5.6 the ability to operate at temperatures of down to 14°F (-10°C).
Using the compatible FUJINON XF1.4x TC WR and FUJINON XF2.0x TC WR teleconverters, XF70-300mmF4-5.6’s maximum focal length can be extended to a maximum of 600mm (a 35mm equivalent of 914mm), which will allow photographers to capture faraway subjects in frame.
Pricing and Availability
The FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens is expected to be available in March 2021 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $799.99 USD and $1,050 CDN. For more information, please visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/lenses/xf70-300mmf4-56-r-lm-ois-wr.
This lens was part of a launch of five new camera and lens products as part of Fujifilm’s Global X-Summit. For more information on the other products launched, please click below:
XF27mmF2.8 R WR lens: https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/news/2021/0127_47299/
GF80mmF1.7 R WR lens: https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/news/2021/0127_47303/
GFX100S mirrorless digital camera: https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/news/2021/0127_47305/
X-E4 mirrorless digital camera: https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/news/2021/0127_47302/
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; one-time-use cameras; and the popular INSTAX™ line of instant cameras and accessories. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, lenses, and content creation solutions, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars and other optical imaging solutions. The Industrial and Corporate New Business Development Division delivers new products derived from Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a range of FUJIFILM products and services in Canada.
For more information, please visit https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en, go to https://www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to https://www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to like Fujifilm on Facebook.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings cutting edge solutions to a broad range of global industries by leveraging its depth of knowledge and fundamental technologies developed in its relentless pursuit of innovation. Its proprietary core technologies contribute to the various fields including healthcare, graphic systems, highly functional materials, optical devices, digital imaging and document products. These products and services are based on its extensive portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic and imaging technologies. For the year ended March 31, 2020, the company had global revenues of $21 billion, at an exchange rate of 109 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to responsible environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: https://www.fujifilmholdings.com
Please support this site. Pre-Order / Buy the Fujifilm FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):