Give a Gift as Thoughtful as You Are
With a Book from Blurb
“With the holidays just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to reflect on the past year and cherish the memories you’ve created with loved ones. Creating a book with Blurb, an online self-publishing platform is a fun activity for family to share and also makes for a meaningful and inspired gift for the holiday season.
Blurb author Jane Stokes understands the importance of preserving memories – a notion that goes beyond the traditional photobook – to create meaningful books like the memoir she wrote with and gifted to her mother, Charlotte Stokes.“
The following video presents Writing a memoir with Jane and Charlotte Stokes.
It’s said that everyone has a book inside them. For Jane Stokes, Managing Editor at News Canada, that book was a memoir of her 86-year-old mother, Charlotte. Written in collaboration between mother and daughter, “Are you ready for a bumpy ride?” chronicles Charlotte Stokes’s turbulent journey from war-time Germany to England and then to Canada. We were lucky enough to be able to chat with Jane and Charlotte about the importance of making a book about the twists and turns—and the bumps—in one woman’s life.
“The holidays aren’t just about reflection and preservation, but are also a time for planning ahead and making resolutions. Blurb takes an out-of-the-box approach when it comes to gift-giving this holiday season.“
This video pesents Welcome to Blurb!
“Three different bookmakers. Three different stories. Create your own book at blurb.com.“
“Here are some Blurb holiday book ideas for inspiration:
- Photo book – Create a photo book that documents your 2014 adventures. Publish a book that documents a special occasion like a wedding, birthday, or other milestone event.
- Planners – Start your year on the right foot with a planner you’ll actually want to look at! Weave your favourite photos into a personalized planner and see your special memories interspersed throughout your appointments all year long.
- Facebook/Instagram books – Get those photos off the web and into a Blurb book! There’s no better way to summarize a year than by creating a book from your Instagram or Facebook photos. (And Blurb makes it really easy to do, too!)
- Travel books – Do you know someone who went on a big trip this year? Why not compile their photos into a travel book so they can keep reliving the memories they created for years to come.
- Cookbooks – Compile your favorite recipes, sprinkle in delicious food photos, and stir. Making a cookbook with Blurb is almost as easy as boiling water.
- Family history book – Turn your old family photos, stories and scanned hand-written letters into a book that commemorates the clan.”
Blurb. Where your ideas become great books.