The Professional Photographers of Canada – British Columbia Region (PPOC-BC) has announced that their PHOTOGraphie Professional Photography Festival will take place from Friday, September 26 to Monday, September 29, 2014 at the Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews, in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
“PHOTOgraphie: BC’s only professional photography festival. The festival’s purpose is to inspire and share the value of photography through education, gallery exhibitions and salon competition. For four days, the local community along with amateur and professional photographers are invited to take part in this interactive event.”
Here are the FREE festival events that are open to the Public.
- Sep 26 @ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm: PHOTOgraphie – Image Competition Live Judging @ Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre.
- “Come and watch live image competition judging and see which images will make the cut to be part of the PPOC-BC 2014 Image Salon.
- This is a great opportunity to hear comments on what makes or breaks a photograph.”
- Sep 27 @ 10:15 am – 3:15 pm: PHOTOgraphie – Micro Talks for the general public @ Roundhouse Community Centre
- “These Micro Talks are specifically designed for the benefit of the general public to gain valuable knowledge about photography.”
- Some topics include:
- Buying a Camera,
- Pro or Faux (what to look for in hiring a professional photographer),
- Blurred Lines (capturing sports action),
- It’s Alive (film cameras) and more.
- Final schedule will be posted at www.photographiefestival.ca .
For more details, download their PDF schedule.
Professional Photographers of Canada: Business: (519) 537-2555 | Toll Free: (888) 643-7762