Ricoh recently announced the industry’s first camera capable of delivering up to 24 continuous hours of fully spherical, 360-degree live video streams in 2K resolution at 30 frames per second. The Ricoh R camera and related technology will be sold as the Ricoh R Development Kit.
- The development kit will allow third parties to create applications that will enable its use in a variety of environments and industries, including entertainment, gaming, telepresence, computer vision, education, and scientific research.
The RICOH R Development Kit consists of the:
- Ricoh R camera,
- camera stand,
- downloadable software development kit (SDK), plus
- image-control tools and source code.
Highlights of the RICOH R Development Kit’s camera include the following:
*Uses an AC adapter
- Outputs spherical full HD videos at 30 fps
- Real-time stitching in the camera of the two fisheye lens videos
- Spherical video can be output to HDMI or USB
- Spherical video can be recorded on a microSD card
- Built-in monaural microphone
- Can be controlled with video settings via USB
- Prepare an image control tool for PC/Mac
- The source code for the video control tool will be publicly released
- Compact body size; External Dimensions: 46mm(W) x 118mm(H) x 16.6mm(D)
Ricoh announces industry’s first camera to deliver up to 24 hours*1 of fully spherical, 360-degree live streaming video
Spherical live video streams expected to have wide range of potential applications in entertainment, telepresence, computer vision, and more; available spring 2017 (more…)