The following video presents Introducing the Nikon D5500 HD-SLR:
In this video, Nikon Canada’s Paul Reid provides a feature set overview of the new Nikon D5500 – Nikon’s first ever HD-SLR with touch operation!
The DX-format camera is an ideal entry-level HD-SLR for creative photographers ready to take their storytelling to a new level. One of Nikon’s smallest-ever HD-SLRs, the Nikon D5500 is compact and surprisingly lightweight at 14.8 ounces, making it the ideal HD-SLR for users constantly on the go.
The new D5500 sports an impressive arsenal of imaging technology, which includes:
•3.2-inch Vari-angle touch operation LCD display
•24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter (OLPF)
•Full HD 1080/60p video with Full-Time AF and stereo sound for a cinema-like experience
This is an update to the previous blog, You’re Invited: Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of 2016 CONTACT Photography Festival May 1-31 + Nikon Lecture Series at No Cost in Toronto, Canada, May 3 (Complimentary Sensor Cleaning of Your Nikon D-SLR Cameras), May 10 & 17.
Nikon and Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival invite legal residents of Canada – who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence – to participate in the “Reflections” Photo Contest during the following weekly Contest Periods:
- Week 1 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Friday, April 29, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 8, 2016
- Week 2 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 9, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 15, 2016
- Week 3 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 16, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 22, 2016
- Week 4 — 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 23, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 31, 2016
The entry deadline for each Contest Period is 11:59 ET on the Sunday of each Contest Period (“Contest Closing Date(s)”), with the exception of Week 4, where the Contest Period ends on 11:59 ET on Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
Here are the weekly assignments:
- Week 1: Reflections in Time: Special moments that take your breath away (Friday, April 29, 12:00 a.m. ET to Sunday, May 8, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Week 2: Reflections on Places: Be it at home or afar, places that warm your heart (Monday, May 9, 12:00 a.m. ET to Sunday, May 15, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Week 3: Reflections on People: Creatures (people or animals) who fill your life with joy (Monday, May 16, 12:00 a.m. ET to Sunday, May 22, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Week 4: Reflections – An Open Assignment: Any thought, moment or memory that is meaningful to you (Monday, May 23, 12:00 a.m. ET to Tuesday, May 31, 11:59 p.m. ET)
Reflections! Beautiful moments, special places, distinctive people – anything that fills your life with joy and causes you to reflect positively on another time, place or occasion. We want to see your photos that illustrate reflections on the people, places and things that mean the most to you.
Each week of the 2016 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, we’ll focus on a different Reflection and eagerly await your submissions. Judges will be looking at how your photo best illustrates our theme of Reflections.
“What does reflection mean to you? Every photograph captures a memory or a moment in time. These moments might take your breath away, or hold a special place in your heart, or evoke a special memory.”
- Each weekly Reflections Photo Contest winner (in each of the four weekly Contest Periods) – selected by a panel of judges – will receive a Nikon D5500 D-SLR with 18-55mm VR II Lens (approximate retail value $999.95) (a “Prize”).
- One grand prize winner will be selected by public voting on this website (from June 6 to June 13, 2016). The Selected Grand Prize Entrant will be eligible to receive one (1) CONTACT Limited Edition Print (BAU grid by Takashi Suzuki) – approximate retail value $1,500.00 (the “Grand Prize”).
- The winning photo of the Selected Grand Prize Entrant will also be featured at http://contactfestivalnikon.ca/#/contest, on the Nikon Canada Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages, and on the CONTACT website.
“NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.”
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence (“Eligible Entrants”).