This video presents “Earth Day 2014 Promo.”
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery on Earth as NASA takes part in a worldwide celebration of Earth Day.
- Today, April 22, is #EarthDay. Are you ready for your #GlobalSelfie?
- Join NASA and the world celebrate environmental awareness with the agency’s #GlobalSelfie event.
NASA invites you — and everyone else on the planet — to take part in a worldwide celebration of Earth Day this year with the agency’s #GlobalSelfie event.
Earth Right Now Campaign
- The year 2014 is a big one for NASA Earth science.
- Five NASA missions designed to gather critical data about our home planet are launching this year to expand our understanding of Earth’s changing climate and environment.
- NASA is marking this big year for Earth science with a campaign called Earth Right Now, and as part of this campaign the agency is asking for your help this Earth Day, April 22.
“NASA astronauts brought home the first ever images of the whole planet from space. Now NASA satellites capture new images of Earth every second. For Earth Day we are trying to create an image of Earth from the ground up while also fostering a collection of portraits of the people of Earth. Once those pictures stream around the world on Earth Day, the individual pictures tagged #GlobalSelfie will be used to create a mosaic image of Earth — a new “Blue Marble” built bit by bit with your photos.”
- On Earth Day, NASA is asking you to step outside and take a picture of yourself wherever you are on Earth. Then post it to social media using the hashtag #GlobalSelfie.
- The #GlobalSelfie sign is also available in 21 languages.
- Please click here for the details.
- NASA’s FREE “Earth Now” Apple and Android app “immerses users in dazzling visualizations of near-real-time global climate data from NASA’s fleet of Earth science satellites.”
Today, April 22, is Earth Day. “What are you doing to show your love for the planet?”
Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) has the following three great ways you can take time for nature and spread some nature love: