The following video presents α7 Ⅱ 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE from Sony: Official Video Release:
5-axis image stabilization (5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE)
The remarkable new 5-axis image stabilization system dramatically expands your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake during handheld shooting of still images and movies. So you can confidently zoom in faraway subjects, snap detailed close-ups and capture night scenes with minimal camera shake blur. Since camera shake compensation is equivalent to using a 4.5-step* faster shutter speed, you can also take advantage of a wider range of shutter speeds. All this, within super compact dimensions!
* Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Sony Adds User Selectable Compressed and Uncompressed 14 Bit RAW Image Capture to New Alpha (α) Cameras: Including α7S II at Launch In October 2015; Firmware Updates at No Cost Coming for α7R II and Other α Cameras, and
- Sony α7R II Firmware Update Version 2.0 Will Add Both Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW Image Capture & Ability to Output Video Via HDMI During Use of Remote Camera Control Software: Firmware Version 2.0 Available on October 19, 2015.
For Sony α7 II camera, full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera, the firmware update version 2.0 – available on November 18th at https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=ILCE7M2K – will add:
- uncompressed RAW capture, which becomes a selectable feature (uncompressed/compressed RAW) within the menu system, and
- fully-functional phase detection AF to A-mount lenses in addition to E-mount lenses. The firmware update activates the 117-point focal plane phase detection AF sensor on the α7 II for lenses beyond just the native Sony FE lenses. This includes Sony’s extensive collection of A-mount lenses, which can be utilized along with the LA-EA3 mount adapter.
Sony Adds Uncompressed RAW and Phase Detect AF for Faster and More Precise Autofocus to α7 II Full Frame Camera
by Communications 11/04/2015
New Features to be enabled via firmware update available November 18th
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 4, 2015 – Sony Electronics, a worldwide leader in digital imaging and the world’s largest image sensor manufacturer, has announced plans to release a free firmware update for α7 II cameras on November 18th that will add uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image capture and activates phase detection AF for faster and more precise autofocus with lenses designed for interchangeable-lens cameras including Sony’s α mount system.
The α7 II becomes the latest Sony full-frame camera, along with α7S II, α7R II and RX1R II to offer uncompressed RAW capture, which becomes a selectable feature (uncompressed/compressed RAW) within the menu system.
Additionally, it becomes the second Sony camera, along with the flagship α7R II, to offer fully-functional phase detection AF to A-mount lenses in addition to E-mount lenses. The firmware update activates the 117-point focal plane phase detection AF sensor on the α7 II for lenses beyond just the native Sony FE lenses. This includes Sony’s extensive collection of A-mount lenses, which can be utilized along with the LA-EA3 mount adapter.
“We’re continuing to innovate, with a clear focus to ensure we are meeting the needs and demands of Sony α customers,” said Neal Manowitz, Vice President for Digital Imaging at Sony Electronics. “The addition of Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW processing and the activation of phase detection AF brings a level of performance and versatility to the α7 II that is well beyond any camera in its class.”
In addition to these feature upgrades, the MOVIE button can now be assigned to a custom button..
The new firmware, version 2.0, will be available for download at no cost through Sony’s e-support site www.esupport.sony.com on the product page for model “ILCE-7M2”.
The α7 II is compatible with Sony’s growing lineup of α -mount lenses, which now totals 64 different models including 13 native ‘FE’ full frame lenses. In 2016, Sony aims to build the native FE lens lineup to over 20 different models.
A variety of exclusive stories and exciting new content shot with the new a7R II cameras plus other Sony α products can be found at www.alphauniverse.com, Sony’s new community site built to educate, inspire and showcase all fans and customers of Sony α brand.
Please follow #SonyAlpha on twitter and visit @SonyAlpha on Instagram for all of the latest α camera news and content direct from Sony.