The following video presents Introducing the Nikon Mirrorless System:
“It’s time. New horizons beckon. We are proud to introduce the new Nikon Mirrorless System.“
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Nikon Announces: Z Mount S-Line Lenses NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S and NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S; NIKKOR Z Lens Roadmap; Mount Adapter FTZ; Development of the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens, and
- Nikon: Ultra-Wide-Angle Zoom Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S is the World’s First Full-Frame 14mm Filter-Attachable Lens; Z 6 Mirrorless Camera Filmmaker’s Kit.
The following video presents First impressions of the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S:
“Lifestyle photographer Tamara Lackey pursues the hidden charms of Mexico with this versatile, agile new NIKKOR Z lens.“
The following video presents First Impressions with the NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S:
“Empowered by the Z system’s larger mount, shorter flange distance and video capabilities, the NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S will redefine your perceptions of what an f/1.8 lens can do. See why Ross Harvey says the new #NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S is a dream come true for any of portrait photographer.“
Nikon @ CES 2019 updated the NIKKOR Z Lens Roadmap as follows:
- In August 2018, Nikon released the Z Mount S-Line lenses NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S and NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S.
- Then a few days ago, Nikon expanded the S-line with the release of the Ultra-Wide-Angle Zoom Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S lens.
- Therefore, as shown in the updated NIKKOR Z Lens Roadmap below, we expect that the standard prime NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S NOCT manual-focus lens will be released in a few months – probably March or April:
- The differences between the 2018 roadmap and 2019 roadmap are the changes in the timelines for the release of the following two lenses:
– Nikkor Z 24mm f/1.8 S lens: year changed from 2020 to 2019
– Nikkor Z 20mm f/1.8 S lens: year changed from 2019 to 2020.
- More NIKKOR Z lenses will be added in both 2020 (about four more) and 2021 (about seven more).
The following video presents First Impressions of the NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S:
“Photographer Kenta Aminaka shoots fashion documentary with the new NIKKOR Z lens, and discovers an ideal combination of superb focal plane sharpness and beautiful bokeh.“
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the Nikon NIKKOR Z Lenses and/or Z System (Z 6, Z 7 Cameras, Lenses) as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):