October 13, 2021
THE NIKKOR Z DX 18-140MM F/3.5-6.3 VR IS A HIGH-POWER DX-FORMAT ZOOM LENS FOR Z SERIES MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
Melville, NY – Today, Nikon Inc. has announced the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, the latest NIKKOR Z lens compatible with APS-C size (Nikon DX-format) mirrorless cameras.
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 7.8x high-power zoom lens that is extremely compact and easy to carry, with a total length of approx. 3.6-inches (90mm) and weight of approx. 11.2 oz (315g). Its wide focal-length range makes the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm ideal for capturing a variety of subjects, from travel to daily snapshots and everything in between.
The lens achieves consistently high resolution, regardless of focal length or shooting distance, making it a great choice for both still shooting and video recording. Its short minimum focus distance of 0.2m at the maximum wide-angle position lets users capture dynamic close-up shots such as shooting flowers or tabletop photography. The lens also realizes high vibration reduction (VR) performance with an effect equivalent to a 5.0-stop1 increase in shutter speed for more stable and sharp photos even during telephoto shooting or in low-light situations where vibration is likely to occur.
Primary features of the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR:
- Covers a focal-length range of 18mm to 140mm (27mm-210mm, 35mm angle of view equivalent), convenient for capturing stills and videos of a wide variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraits.
- The short minimum focus distance of 0.2m (at max wide-angle) is optimum for close-up shots.
- The maximum reproduction ratio of 0.33x at the maximum telephoto position enables rendering of subjects in large size.
- Equipped with an optical VR mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed.
- High resolution achieved consistently across the entire zoom range, from maximum aperture.
- Ideal for shooting video, with effective reduction of shifting of focus when zooming in/out and shifting of angle of view when adjusting focus.
- Select functions can be assigned to the control ring for stills and video.
- Fast, precise and quiet AF operation is attained with the employment of an STM (stepping motor).
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance.
Pricing and Availability:
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR telephoto zoom lens will be available starting in November (US) for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $599.95*. For more information about the latest Nikon products, including this new NIKKOR Z lens and the entire Nikon Z series cameras, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and technologies for photo and video capture; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables visual storytelling and content creation. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional Z Series mirrorless camera, digital SLR cameras, a vast array of NIKKOR and NIKKOR Z lenses, Speedlights and system accessories, Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras and Nikon software products. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers and visual storytellers to the Web’s most comprehensive learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, and Flickr.
Specifications, equipment, and release dates are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
1. Based on CIPA Standard. This value is achieved when attached to a camera with APS-C size sensor, with the camera’s VR function set to “NORMAL”, and when zoom is set to the maximum telephoto position.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.