The following video presents How to make a photo book: Introduction:
Get started making a book with Blurb in the first installment of Blurb Book Camp. Get tips on uploading your photos, using the right resolution, calibrating your monitor, and more.
This is a Sponsored Post.
Holiday gift ideas from Blurb:
Give brag-worthy, personal gift books for your loved ones this year
Blurb makes personal gift giving easier than ever before. The ability to take your best moments—and best photographs—and preserve them in a high-quality photo book is paramount to recycling the same gift giving ideas year upon year.
Blurb author Sarah Fournier created a book of her family’s most popular recipes and photography of the dishes as a wedding present for her sister. The book quickly became a family favourite; one that will be shared among relatives for years to come.
From documenting a special trip to creating a cookbook with your annual family recipes, there’s a beautiful book waiting to be made by each and every one of you this Christmas.
Here are some Blurb holiday book ideas for inspiration:
- Photo book – Create a photo book that documents your 2015 adventures. Publish a book that documents a special occasion like a wedding, birthday, or other milestone event.
- Planners – Start your year on the right foot with a planner you’ll actually want to look at! Weave your favourite photos into a personalized planner and see your special memories interspersed throughout your appointments all year long.
- Facebook/Instagram books – Get those photos off the web and into a Blurb book! There’s no better way to summarize a year than by creating a book from your Instagram or Facebook photos. (And Blurb makes it really easy to do, too!)
- Travel books – Do you know someone who went on a big trip this year? Why not compile their photos into a travel book so they can keep reliving the memories they created for years to come.
- Family history book – Turn your old family photos, stories and scanned hand-written letters into a book that commemorates the clan.
People around the world focus on thoughtful giving come Christmas time, and for good reason. In a fast moving world where we often have little free time, the holidays offer a period of time to reflect, spend time with those we love, and a chance to share.
To see the breadth of books that can be made with Blurb, visit www.blurb.ca.“
The following video presents Writing a memoir with Jane and Charlotte Stokes:
It’s said that everyone has a book inside them. For Jane Stokes, Managing Editor at News Canada, that book was a memoir of her 86-year-old mother, Charlotte. Written in collaboration between mother and daughter, “Are you ready for a bumpy ride?” chronicles Charlotte Stokes’s turbulent journey from war-time Germany to England and then to Canada. We were lucky enough to be able to chat with Jane and Charlotte about the importance of making a book about the twists and turns—and the bumps—in one woman’s life.