The following video presents The new Fujifilm X-T1 interchangeable lens camera:
A premium interchangeable lens camera, the X-T1 features evolved SLR-style handling, mechanical dials and weather-resistance (when paired with a weather resistant X mount lens), together with all the benefits of an X-Series camera, such as compact size, excellent mobility and high-speed performance.
Fujifilm has announced new Firmware Update V.4.00 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 that improves the latter’s autofocus performance, especially when tracking moving subjects. The firmware update adds new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes which use 77 autofocus points across a wider area to substantially improve the camera’s ability to track and capture moving subjects.
The Zone mode allows users to choose a 3×3, 3×5 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point auto focus area and the camera continues tracking a subject in the selected zone when using AF-C continuous focusing mode. The 3×3 and 3×5 zones at the center use the sensor’s built-in phase detection pixels.
The Wide/Tracking mode allows you to maintain focus on a subject that moves vertically, horizontally, and back and forth across the entire 77-point AF area.
Other improvements include Auto Macro Mode that automatically switches the camera into the Macro mode, thus freeing the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button and allowing you to assign a different function to that button; phase detection pixels increased sensitivity from 2.5EV to 0.5EV; AF improvement in Movie mode; and, Eye Detection auto focus.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 firmware will be available for FREE in late June.
The following video presents FUJIFILM X-T1 New Auto Focus System / FUJIFILM:
Firmware Ver.4.00 for FUJIFILM X-T1 features new AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE X-T1
New firmware V.4.00 delivers advanced autofocus system for superior performance, along with several key upgrades
Valhalla, N.Y., May 11, 2015 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation announced a major new Firmware Update V.4.00 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition that features an advanced autofocus system for incredible performance when shooting moving subjects and exciting action scenes. Users will also experience improved auto focus accuracy for still images and video, Eye Detection, enhanced shutter speed dial operation, Exposure Compensation control in Manual mode, and finer framing grid lines for enhanced visibility and image composition. The new firmware will be available for free in late June.
Firmware update coming June 2015 (X-T1 Graphite Silver and X-T1 Black)
The free, comprehensive firmware update coming in late June 2015 is specially designed for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition, and will give users thrilling new features and controls to dramatically enhance their X-T1 shooting experience, including:
- A new auto focus system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects – The auto focus system complements the fast and accurate single-point auto focus system with new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes, which use 77 autofocus points across a wider area to substantially improve the camera’s ability to track and capture moving subjects.The Zone mode allows users to choose a 3×3, 3×5 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point auto focus area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera continues tracking a subject in the selected zone. The 3×3 and 3×5 zones at the center, in particular, offer extra-fast focusing with the use of the built-in phase detection pixels.In the Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point auto focus area (Wide in the AF-S mode) and tracks the focus area’s subject across the entire 77-point AF area (Tracking in the AF-C mode). This makes it possible to maintain focus on a subject that moves vertically, horizontally, and back and forth.
- Improved auto focus accuracy – Single-point auto focus now divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have increased sensitivity from 2.5EV to 0.5EV. This improvement delivers phase detection auto focus performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
- Eye detection auto focus – The new firmware update provides Fujifilm’s Eye Detection auto focus, which automatically detects and focuses on human eyes. The function allows you to easily focus on the eyes even in difficult conditions, e.g. when shooting a portrait wide open to obtain a beautiful bokeh background.
- Auto Macro mode – The firmware update introduces an Auto Macro function that automatically switches the camera into the Macro mode while maintaining the conventional auto focus speed. You no longer have to press the Macro button to initiate a close-up shot. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button.
- Auto focus improvement in Movie mode – The optimized algorithm delivers a more natural and smooth auto focus action during movie recording.
- Other improvements
- Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation – When the Shutter Speed Dial is set to T, you can use the command dial to set the full range of exposure times. This means you can change the shutter speeds across a broader range without having to change camera position. This is particularly useful when shooting in the portrait orientation with the Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT1 attached.
- Exposure Compensation control in Manual mode – The Exposure Compensation dial can be used to make exposure adjustments while shooting in the Manual exposure mode with the ISO Auto setting.
- Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibility – The lines on the framing grid have been made finer making it easier to view the subject.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 firmware will be available in late June.
For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/northamerica, go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including: healthcare, with medical systems, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics; graphic systems; highly functional materials, such as flat panel display materials; optical devices, such as broadcast and cinema lenses; digital imaging; and document products. These are based on a vast portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic, software and production technologies. In the year ended March 31, 2015, the company had global revenues of $22.7 billion, at an exchange rate of 110 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.