Photo Life and Photo Solution magazines invite Canadian and U.S. photographers to submit their best work to The World We Live In VI 2016 Photo Contest.
- The Contest is conducted by Apex Publications Inc., the publisher of Photo Life and Photo Solution magazines.
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, with the exception of all employees of Apex Publications Inc. and of sponsoring firms and their immediate families.
- All participants are eligible to win one prize per theme, including the Grand Prize.
- “Humanity: Each person has a story to tell. Capture images of people around you: your family, your neighbours, people you’ve encountered while travelling or even yourself. Show us some of the many facets of humanity.
- The Environment: Nature and wildlife will never cease to amaze us. Show us the outstanding beauty of our living world, whether through wide landscapes or close-ups of natural elements, animals, plants or insects.
- Interconnections: Humans are by nature interactive beings. Show us how we transform and create things. This can be seen in architecture, domestic pets, urban life, objects, transportation, machines, agriculture, fishing, cooking and almost anywhere you look!“
Some photos may fit in more than one theme; enter your photos where you would like them to be judged.
You could win great prizes — including an expedition cruise to the heart of the Arctic — and get published in Canada’s #1 photography magazine! There are more than $45 000 offered in prizes, including a grand-prize expedition cruise!
- Complete details about the grand-prize expedition and other prizes are available at https://www.photolife.com/contests/the-world-we-live-in/
- Winning images will be published in the April/May 2017 issues of Photo Life and Photo Solution magazines, available on newsstands as of the beginning of April 2017, and may be presented on photolife.com and photosolution.ca websites.
Entry fees are the following:
▪ Subscriber to Photo Life and/or Photo Solution: $8 for 10 images (additional images: $8 per 10 images)
▪ Non-subscriber to Photo Life or Photo Solution: $12 for 10 images (additional images: $12 per 10 images)
Please note that US residents pay in US dollars. Mail-in entries are not accepted for the Contest.
- Entries uploaded through the Contest website, https://www.photolife.com/contests/the-world-we-live-in/, must be uploaded before 11:59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2016.
Images will be judged according to originality, relevance to the theme, composition, lighting and technical quality.
….Photographers retain copyright on any photo they submit to the Contest. Apex Publications Inc. reserves non-exclusive publication rights of winning images in its magazines (including covers) and electronic medias as well as for possible use in future promotional material of the Contest, including other types of publications and advertising material. All photos will be credited to the photographer….
If you have questions about the contest, you may write them at email@example.com .
For other important info and complete Rules and Regulations, please visit https://www.photolife.com/contests/the-world-we-live-in/ .