The Societies’ Photographic Convention and Trade Show
Europe’s Largest All-welcome Photographic Convention
Full Convention: Wednesday 14 – Sunday 18 January 2015
FREE Photographic Trade Show*: Friday 16 – Sunday 18 January 2015
*Register before 31 December 2014 to avoid £6 entry fee to Trade Show
Venue: Hilton London Metropole, Edgware Road, London, W2 1JU, UK
All photographers from professionals to enthusiasts are welcome.
If you are an aspiring professional this Convention and Trade Show is a must!
The Societies’ members and non-members are welcome.
- “The 2015 Convention is a veritable feast of education, with five days of action packed programmes designed to help you put your imagery ahead of the game.”
- Trade Show presents all the latest cameras and other photographic gear. The three-day Trade Show, from Friday to Sunday, is a “gathering of the who’s who in the photographic industry, with major manufacturers eager to show you the latest in technology and design.” Meet 150 plus exhibitors.
- The digital edition of the Show Guide is available to view on the website here
- Here are the key contents of the The Societies’ Photographic Convention Show Guide 2015.
For more information on The Societies’ 2015 Convention, please visit: http://www.swpp.co.uk/convention/
The Societies’ 20×16″ Print Competition 2014
Closing Date For Receipt of Prints Via ‘Snail Mail’: 31 December 2014 (London, UK time)
This is about you the entrant aspiring to be, and pushing yourself to be, the best of your ability in the art, craft and discipline of professional photography to the end benefit of your customer, our industry, and your own enrichment as a professional photographer.
The Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers
This video presents The Societies’ 2014 Qualification Judging.
At The Societies’ 2014 Convention, photographers were able gain distinctions for their work by submitting a panel on 20 20×16″ prints for assessment by judges.
Enter the 20×16″ (50.8 cm x 40.6 cm) Competition
- An application form and the appropriate entry fee must accompany each print.
- Merited images will be displayed for 14,000 visitors to view in the Convention Reception Area.
- The judging process is held in public so photographers can watch the assessments take place; “this in itself is an invaluable learning process.” Judging will take place in the Hilton Meeting Rooms 13-17 at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel during the Convention.
- The winner will be announced at The Societies’ prestigious Awards Night at the 2015 Convention in London.
- Wedding Category: includes the following sub-categories: Classical, Avant Garde, Reportage/Photojournalism – must be taken at an actual wedding on the day the register is signed – commissioned work only.
- Portrait Category: includes the following sub-categories: Classical, Avant Garde, Children/Babies – commissioned and non-commissioned
- Documentary Category: commissioned and non-commissioned
- The Natural World – commissioned and non-commissioned
- Open Category – Anything goes – commissioned and non-commissioned work
- Nouveau Category – Anything goes – commissioned and non-commissioned work – only open to first-time entrants of the 20×16 competition.
- Please click here for more info about each category.
Where to send your prints:
6 Bath Street
- Entries will NOT be accepted if brought to the judging venue.
- Entries must be sent to the above address for them to be included in the competition and must arrive by the closing date.
- Any entries received after the closing date will not be entered and will only be returned at the entrant’s expense.
- Each image must have an application form attached to the back.
Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies, unless otherwise agreed.
The Societies 20×16 Print Awards reserves the right to reproduce any image submitted for publicity/educational purposes in the UK and overseas.