Nikon Canada today announced the release of the D750, an attractively priced HD-SLR that combines professional-level photo and video features with FX-format image quality.
The D750 includes these key features:
- A newly developed 24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor.
- The first full frame Nikon HD-SLR with built-in Wi-Fi for easy sharing and a tilting Vari-Angle LCD (3.2-inch, 1,229K dot) to let users shoot from overhead or at waist level.
- The same level of professional video functionality as the Nikon D810.
- Captures video in Full HD 1920×1080 resolution at 60/30/24p.
- 51-point AF system that has been improved to lock on to subjects in dark environments with as little as -3 EV illumination.
- EXPEED 4 Image Processing Engine.
- ISO range 100 to 12,000, expandable from (Lo-1) 50 to (Hi-2) 51,200.
- Highlight Weighted Metering to help prevent blown-out highlights in photo and video.
- Capable of recording footage to dual SD memory card slots or simultaneously outputting to a memory card and external recorder or monitor.
In this video, Nikon Canada’s Mark Cruz provides a feature set overview of the new Nikon D750 HD-SLR:
Additionally, Nikon Canada is releasing the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED, Nikon’s first ultra wide-angle lens with an f/1.8 aperture. When paired with the D750, it’s a “great solution for shooting video in cramped quarters.
Nikon Speedlight SB-500
Nikon Canada has also added the SB-500 to its Speedlight lineup, with simplified controls to make exploring creative lighting easy. The SB-500 AF Speedlight is powered by two AA batteries to reduce its weight and size.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED lens is paired with Nikon D750 camera.
Packing Pro Features and FX-Format Image Quality, the New Nikon D750 is Highly Capable, Surprisingly Compact
Additional New Offerings for Advanced Enthusiasts and Professional Photographers Include the New SB-500 Speedlight and AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED Lens
Mississauga, ON, September 12, 2014 – Nikon Canada today announced the D750, the HD-SLR that provides adept enthusiasts with the powerful combination of pro-calibre photo and video features with FX-format image quality. The new D750 represents a leap forward for this camera segment, inheriting some of the best elements from Nikon’s revered full-frame professional cameras, with new and refined features to spark creativity and encourage sharing. Additionally, Nikon has announced the SB-500, a versatile yet compact multimedia Speedlight, and the new AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED, Nikon’s fastest ultra wide-angle lens yet. These new products easily supplement a professional’s kit, while making it more appealing than ever for enthusiasts to discover the intense and immersive image quality that only an FX-format sensor can offer.
“The Nikon D750 is the camera many have been waiting for; never before has this level of functionality and vast feature set been offered in a full-frame HD-SLR, at such an attractive price,” said Amanda Mohammed, Manager, Communications & Nikon Professional Services, Nikon Canada. “The D750, SB-500 AF Speedlight and AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G are meant to directly address those who care about image quality, and want the gear that will help drive their passion to the next level.”
Serious Features for Advanced Shooters
The new Nikon D750 provides professional-level features and performance in a durable, lightweight body. Whether the user is an advanced enthusiast or seasoned pro in need of a second body, the D750 easily complements any photographic discipline with a pro-calibre capability.
Continue Reading »