Canon’s “Project Imagination: The Trailer Contest”: You Can Now Vote Through June 10, 2015 on the Final 15 TrailersThu May 28, 2015
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Canon “Project Imagination: The Trailer” Contest for USA and D.C.: Upload Your Movie Trailer Before 6 PM EST on April 29, 2015, and
- Canon “Project Imagination: The Trailer” Contest Update: One Winning Trailer to Inspire a Hollywood Short Film Written & Directed by Kat Candler.
The Final 15 Trailers have been selected! Now help Ron Howard and Josh Hutcherson choose the winning trailer that will inspire a Hollywood short film starring Hutcherson.
- Vote daily through June 10 for the trailers that you think are the most original, inspiring and imaginative at https://imagination.usa.canon.com/home .
- Then Ron Howard and Josh Hutcherson will select one winning trailer based on its overall impression, inspiration and imagination.
The winning trailer will be announced during the summer of 2015. Then the film is set to go into production this summer and will be written and directed by Kat Candler (“Hellion“).
One (1) Grand Prize will be offered to the winner. The Grand Prize – approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $4,700 – consists of the following items:
- (a) a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the premiere or other event relating to the Film (as defined in Section 10) (the “Film Event”). Each trip will consist of round trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and the guest between the major airport nearest to the winner’s home and an airport in or near the destination; ground transportation; and a one (1) night stay at a hotel selected by Sponsor (one standard room, double occupancy; room rate and taxes only; size and type of room determined by Sponsor in its discretion). The trip to the Film Event also includes two (2) tickets (one (1) for the winner and one (1) for the guest) for admission to the Film Event. If the winner is under age 21, the winner’s guest must be a parent or legal guardian of the winner. Sponsor has the right in its discretion to require that the winner’s guest be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the guest resides, unless the winner is a parent or legal guardian of the guest.
- (b) one (1) EOS Rebel T6i EF-S 18-55 IS STM Lens Kit.
This video presents EOS Movie – Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR
Congratulations and Good Luck!
Ron Howard & Josh Hutcherson Announce Fifteen Consumer Finalists For Canon’s Project Imagination: The Trailer Contest
One Will Inspire a Short Film Starring Hutcherson
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 27, 2015 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, along with Ron Howard (two-time Academy Award® Winner) and Josh Hutcherson (star of “The Hunger Games” franchise), have announced the names of 15 finalists in the Project Imagination: The Trailer contest. The contest, which drew a flood of submissions, encouraged people of all skill levels to turn their photos and video footage into movie trailers with titles, Hollywood style voice-overs and epic soundtracks.
The public is now able to vote through June 10 on the 15 finalists at imagination.usa.canon.com and then Ron Howard and Josh Hutcherson will select one winning trailer based on its overall impression, inspiration and imagination. The film is set to go into production this summer and will be written and directed by Kat Candler (“Hellion“).
“As a veteran filmmaker, I appreciate the value of edge-of-your seat creativity in filmmaking, and that’s what Project Imagination: The Trailer is all about,” said Howard. “Josh and Kat are the perfect complements to what’s sure to be an exhilarating exploration into the inspirational value of trailers.”
“What’s most exciting about this process is that I don’t know what to expect,” said Hutcherson.
“We were thrilled by the number of truly creative trailers that were submitted,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “And, we know that Ron, Josh and Kat will honor the power of everyday moments to inspire something really fascinating.”
The 15 chosen finalists are:
Continue Reading »