Canon Firmware Upgrades at No Charge for XF205 and XF200: Available in Mid-April for Image-quality Setting & Late-June 2015 for IP Video StreamingThu March 5, 2015
Canon will exhibit prototype-versions of the firmware upgrades at the Canon booth during the 2015 NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Show from April 13 to 16 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- One of the new upgrades, to be released in mid-April 2015, will add an image-quality setting to the XF205 and XF200 camcorders that facilitates the recording of video with noise reduction even in low-light conditions.
- The firmware upgrade to be released in late-June 2015 will enable the XF205 and XF200 camcorders to support video streaming over an IP network, a method that is widely used in the broadcasting industry to send and receive video signals.
- By sending video over the internet while it is being captured, users will be able to provide live transfers of footage to news programs and video-sharing sites.
- In addition, the upgrade will enable the camcorders to be used with Fujitsu’s video transmission equipment, the Fujitsu Network IP-900IID and IP-920D HD/SD Compact Video Decoders3 as well as software supporting IP streaming.
- Soon, users will be able to stream video over an IP network without having to alter existing video-capture and editing workflows, such as those employed at broadcasting stations.
Free Firmware Upgrades For Canon XF205 and XF200 Professional Camcorders Deliver Improved Basic Performance
MELVILLE, N.Y., March 4, 2015 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today two free firmware upgrades1 that the company will make available for the Canon XF205 and XF200 Professional Full HD camcorders (released in July 2014), one of which adds a new image-quality setting to the camcorder and another that enables the streaming of video over an IP network.
Continue Reading »