Here is this week’s (Dec 24-30, 2011) digital camera review roundup:
- LetsGoDigital finds the Olympus PEN E-PM1 [QuickPrice Check] “is ideal for people that truly value good quality photos and video recordings, but find a digital SLR camera much too heavy and complicated.“
- DigitalCameraReview loves the Pentax Q [QuickPrice Check] and sees “the market for the "Q" as shooters who like really tiny cameras and available light/natural light aficionados and/or street shooters who like the fast f/1.9 "normal" lens.“
- PhotographyBLOG recommends the Samsung ST96 as “an inexpensive yet at the same time reasonably built pocket snapper, which delivers fuss free results at an inexpensive price point.“
- LetsGoDigital finds that the Olympus E-PL3 [QuickPrice Check] “has similar image quality to a comparable SLR camera, especially for the lower ISO values.“
- BobAtkins “needed a new P&S camera for those times when all I can carry is something that will fit in my pocket” and found that the Samsung HZ30W / WB600 [QuickPrice Check] “meets my requirements for manual control, long shutter speeds, optical stabilization and has a pretty good Schneider-Kreuznach 3.9-58.5/3.2-5.8 lens (24-360mm 35mm equivalent).“
- For more camera reviews, to get a second opinion, and just to read the best reviews on the Web, visit our Reviews Matrix.