You’d be forgiven if you mistook the new Sony Digital Photo Frame DPP-F700 for a printer with a large screen. After all the display is only 4 x 6 in. (7-in. measured diagonally). It is however marketed as a Digital Photo Frame that also happens to allow you to print a 4 x 6-inch 300 x 300 dpi photo instantly in just 45 seconds. You can enlarge, reduce, crop, date stamp the image on screen before printing, and you have a choice to print with or without a border. An Auto Orientation sensor automatically rotates your photos into portrait or landscape format according to whether you set the device vertically or horizontally. A remore control is included.
October 22, 2009
SONY INTRODUCES UNIQUE DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME WITH BUILT-IN PRINTER
Combination Device Makes It Easy to View and Share Images
- Sony Electronics is launching a stylish multitasking S-Frame® digital photo frame with printer (model DPP-F700).
- The sleek, all-in-one device allows photo viewing and printing for picture lovers who enjoy displaying and sharing copies of their special memories.
- Showcasing your favorite photos in vibrant color and crisp detail, the DPP-F700 features a 7-inch (measured diagonally) (16:10) LCD display with WVGA (800 x 480) resolution.
- The device prints 4 x 6-inch professional quality 300 x 300 dpi photos instantly in just 45 seconds.
- Allowing you to edit images before printing, the device’s options include enlarge, reduce, crop, date stamp on/off, border/borderless (for single prints), and brightness, contrast, hue, and sharpness adjustment.
- In Creative Print mode, you can make a calendar with pictures (more than 30 templates), print an ID photo, and create a “layout print” with multiple images on one sheet.
- Using Screen Capture, you can print exactly what is displayed on the screen during a slideshow.
- The frame-printer device features about one gigabyte of internal storage capacity with an auto-resizing adjustment that downsizes photos to let you store up to 2,000 photos.
- Image transfer is a snap with direct USB input from your PC, as well as support for most memory cards, including Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Secure Digital (SD), SDHC, Multi-Media Card (MMC), Compact Flash®, and xD-Picture Card™ media.
- Whether the device is set vertically or horizontally, the Auto Orientation sensor automatically rotates your photos into portrait or landscape format according to the placement.
- A wide range of view and print modes and many other functions can be managed from the included remote control.
- Multiple playback options offer flexibility to display photos as single images, as thumbnails for easy searching, or as a slideshow with ten built-in transitions.
- The new S-Frame model supports JPEG, TIFF, and BMP image file formats.
- Supplied accessories include a paper tray, AC adaptor, CD-ROM (print driver, PMB), operation manual, cleaning kit, and stand.
- Optional print packs include compatible SVM-F series: SVM-F40P (40 sheets of photo paper and cartridge), and SVM-F120P (120 sheets of photo paper and cartridges).
- The DPP-F700 digital photo frame-printer will be available for about $200 in January and can be purchased online at http://www.sonystyle.com, at Sony Style® retail stores and at authorized dealers nationwide.
You may also like:
Search for more news & reviews: