DMC-ZR1 – LUMIX
MSP: CAD $279.95
Available in September 2009 in black and blue.
- World’s First 0.3mm Thin Aspherical Lens offers super-slim design
Powerful, 25mm Ultra-Wide-Angle
- 8x optical zoom2 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens – also works in video recording
- 12.1-megapixel resolution
- Fast, high-speed Auto Focus (AF)
- High-speed start-up of only 1.1 second
- 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD
- Powerful battery life with the highly energy-efficient image processing LSI – Venus Engine V3 – which takes approximately 330 pictures during a single charge
- Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode: now with POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.), Hand-Shake Component, Face Recognition
- PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0 software included (view, edit and archive photos and videos
PANASONIC LUMIX CAMERA FEATURES WORLD’S FIRST 0.3MM THIN ASPHERICAL LENS*, MAKING IT SUPER SLIM
New Compact LUMIX DMC-ZR1 Digital Camera Packs 25mm Ultra-Wide-Angle, 8x Optical Zoom Lens** Into Ultra-Slim Design
MISSISSAUGA, ON (July 27, 2009) – Panasonic Canada Inc. introduced today the new LUMIX DMC-ZR1 digital camera, featuring the world’s first 0.3mm thin aspherical lens1, allowing for a compact body that still features a powerful, 25mm-ultra-wide-angle, 8x optical zoom2 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens. Known for its long-zoom, yet compact digital cameras, Panasonic’s newest ZR1 compact digital camera gives consumers increased flexibility.
“The ZR1 answers the call of consumers looking for a truly pocketable digital camera, while still featuring a zoom more powerful than typical compact cameras,” said Doug Borbath, Senior Product Manager, Panasonic Imaging Group. “We know consumers want to catch every shooting opportunity, and with the ZR1, this is possible through unique features such as the ultra-wide-angle lens and Panasonic’s popular iA Mode.”
With a zoom range of 25-200mm, the ZR1 allows for both expansive scenery photos as well as close-ups. This powerful zoom also works during video recording. The 12.1-megapixel resolution allows photos to be greatly enlarged while still retaining outstanding detail.
Another key feature of the ZR1 is its fast, Ultra High-Speed Auto Focus (AF). This, combined with a high-speed start-up of only 1.1 second, helps the ZR1 to catch even quick action shots. Making this camera even more versatile and easy-to-use, the ZR1 has a 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD, and a powerful battery life with the highly energy-efficient image processing LSI – Venus Engine V3 – which takes approximately 330 pictures during a single charge. As found in all Panasonic LUMIX cameras, the ZR1 features Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode, now with POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.), which features double the repression power compared to MEGA O.I.S., the previous image stabilization system, to help capture blur-free images.
Other features of the DMC-ZR1 include:
- Additional Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode Features
- Hand-Shake Component – Answers the problem of natural hand-shaking that goes along with pressing the shutter button.
- Face Recognition – Up to six faces can be registered, and up to three can be simultaneously recognized to show their names once registered.
- Travel Mode – Users can quickly organize information related to travel, including destination, date and time. Playback of these photos is just as easy, by designating the date or period of travel on the calendar menu interface.
- High Dynamic Mode – Helps to capture a scene with moderate exposure even when the scene may contain both bright and dark areas.
- PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0 – Included software allows the user to view, edit and archive captured photos and videos. It features dramatic speed-up of operation and also allows users to store and sort photos by a specific, recognized face in the image.
The LUMIX DMC-ZR1 will have a suggested retail price of CAD $349.994 and will be available in September 2009 in black and blue colours. A red model will be available in October.
1 For digital still cameras
2 35mm film camera equivalent: 25-200mm
3 Based on a CIPA standard
4 All prices are in Canadian dollars. Dealer price may vary.
*Recognition performance varies greatly depending on shooting conditions, i.e., according to factors such as angles, facial expression and lighting, so operation under all conditions cannot be guaranteed. Because the camera searches for faces that are similar to registered faces, there are cases where the faces are not correctly recognized when the registered image and the shooting image vary significantly. When facial characteristics are similar, particularly between parents and their children or brothers and sisters, the camera may not distinguish the faces.
*Dynamic tracking function may fail to lock, lose the subject in AF Tracking, or track different subjects depending on the recording conditions.
*Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company’s quality standards.
*All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
*This unit is compatible with both SD Memory Cards and SDHC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards.
(When using a SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
*Some accessories are not available in some countries.
*The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
*Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Panasonic imaging products are marketed in Canada by Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI). PCI is an affiliate of Panasonic Corporation (PC) of Japan, one of the world’s largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can call Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-5505 or access Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.ca.
– Panasonic ZR1 / ZX1 QuickFact Sheet