Rugged new KODAK Digital Video Camera enables on-the-go HD video capture
Never miss a moment with pocketable and weather-resistant video companion
LAS VEGAS, NV, January 6, 2009 - Kodak Canada Inc. today introduced the new KODAK Zx1 Digital Video Camera, a compact and rugged digital device that enables "go-anywhere" High Definition recording.
The Zx1 allows users to shoot and share high-quality video quickly and simply, with 720p HD video capture - at 60 or 30 fps - a vibrant 2.0-inch LCD screen, and built-in software for easy editing and sharing of content to YouTube(tm) and other social media and networking websites.
Now more than ever, consumers are interested in using video to share stories with friends and family," said Greg Morrison, Marketing Manager, Digital & Film Imaging Systems, Kodak Canada. "The Zx1 makes it easy for them to capture their adventures on video and immediately upload them to video-sharing and social networking websites. And because it's so small, they can take it with them wherever they go and record anything, virtually anywhere."
The KODAK Zx1 Digital Video Camera is designed to meet these needs at the touch of a button -- no lens cap, dials to turn or settings to adjust. The new camera's advanced feature set includes:
- Pocketable 720p HD video capture at 60 fps;
- Weather-resistant design that stands up to splashes, dirt and more - IP43 certified;
- High-quality video capture in bright light or low light - from the beach, to the nightclub;
- Easy editing, personalization, and uploading to YouTube or other Internet sites with built-in video software, ArcSoft Media Impressions for Kodak;
- Expandable SD/SDHC Card slot for memory cards up to 32 GB, that can record up to 10 hours of HD video*;
- Easy HDTV playback with included HDMI cable;
- Sensitive, low distortion microphone that provides crisp, clear audio;
- Pre-charged AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and battery charger included, saving money and avoiding waste from used batteries;
- Vibrant 2.0" LCD;
- Available in five colours: black, red, pink, blue and yellow**;
- Remote control compatible (remote control sold separately).
Uploading to YouTube
YouTube is the world's most popular online video community, and the Kodak and YouTube relationship enables consumers to quickly and easily upload videos to YouTube from the simple and powerful video editing software that comes with the camera.
A range of accessories are available for the KODAK Zx1 Digital Video Camera, including:
- KODAK SDHC Memory Cards, available in 4, 8 and 16GB capacities customized for optimal video capture;
- KODAK Adventure Mount for helmet, handlebars and more;
- KODAK Flexi-tripods;
- KODAK cases, camera bags and neck straps;
- Remote control;
- Battery options include AA, CRV3, and KODAK Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery KLIC-8000.
Pricing and Availability
The KODAK Zx1 Digital Video Camera will be available from late-spring 2009, and retail for $179 CDN (MSRP).
*Record approximately 20 minutes per 1GB at HD 30fps.
** Colour availability may vary.
About Kodak Canada Inc.
For more than a century, Kodak Canada has been meeting the imaging needs of Canadians providing leading products and services, helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Today, Kodak Canada's sales, marketing, service and support teams are committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy enabling Consumers to use Kodak's system of digital and traditional products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; Businesses to effectively communicate with customers worldwide using Kodak solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; and Creative Professionals rely on Kodak technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images.
More information is available about Kodak Canada at www.kodak.ca.