New introductions from Kodak deliver brilliant images, unique ways to create and easy ways to connect
Pocket-sized HD Digital Video Camera and 24x Ultra-Zoom Digital Camera highlight Kodak launches at 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show
LAS VEGAS, NV, January 6, 2009 - Kodak Canada Inc. today introduced new products and services that make it easier than ever for consumers to make the most of life's moments, from go-anywhere High Definition video recording to simple, automatic capture of brilliant images.
Kodak's latest innovations are on display at Kodak's booth, at the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show, in Las Vegas (booth 31400, South Hall).
These new products combine great performance with ease-of-use, making it easy for users to capture those important moments," said Greg Morrison, Marketing Manager, Digital & Film Imaging Systems, Kodak Canada. "Consumers can count on Kodak to offer products like these that deliver exceptional performance and allow them to easily share images and videos with friends and family."
Leading the introductions is the new KODAK Z980 Digital Camera, featuring a wealth of power and versatility, including a 26 mm wide angle, professional quality, 24X image stabilized optical zoom lens and a vertical shutter release with detachable vertical grip.
"Photographers who want more from their digital camera will enjoy the Z980," Morrison said. "With its innovative Smart Capture feature, camera adjustments are made automatically, allowing users to capture brilliant images automatically in almost any setting."
The new KODAK Z980 Digital Camera offers:
- Kodak's exclusive Smart Capture feature, which analyzes scenes and adjusts camera settings to deliver beautiful pictures more often;
- 26 mm wide angle/24X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Image Stabilized Optical Zoom Lens;
- HD picture and video capture;
- Vertical shutter release and detachable vertical grip, for greater comfort and control when shooting scenes vertically;
- Hot shoe for optional KODAK P20 zoom flash;
- Available for $479 CDN (MSRP) from spring, 2009.
Kodak also introduced new models to its M-Series Digital Camera line, led by the KODAK EASYSHARE M380 Digital Camera. A sleek but powerful digital camera for style-savvy consumers, the M380 delivers an innovative feature package led by Kodak's Smart Capture feature. The new camera's compact design also boasts a 10MP sensor, 5X optical zoom, and 2.7" LCD. The M380 will be available in black, red and teal, and retail for $219 CDN (MSRP) from April, 2009.
Kodak expands its line of video cameras with the new KODAK Zx1 Digital Video Camera, a compact and weather-resistant device that enables "go-anywhere" High Definition recording.
The Zx1 allows users to shoot and share high-quality video quickly and simply, with 720p HD video capture - at 60 or 30 fps - a vibrant 2.0-inch LCD screen, and built-in software for easy editing and sharing of content to YouTube(tm) and other social media and networking websites.
"With the Zx1, users can engage in 'on-the-go' storytelling from anywhere and everywhere," said Morrison. "Once they have captured their adventures, they can quickly and easily share them online."
The new camera's feature set includes:
- Pocketable 720p HD video capture at 60 fps;
- Weather-resistant design that stands up to splashes, dirt and more;
- High-quality video capture in bright light or low light - from the beach, to the nightclub;
- Easy editing, personalization, and uploading to YouTube or other Internet sites with built-in video software, ArcSoft Media Impressions for Kodak;
- Expandable SD/SDHC Card slot for memory cards up to 32 GB, that can record up to 10 hours of HD video*;
- Available in five colours: black, red, pink, blue and yellow**;
- The KODAK Zx1 Pocket Video Camera will be available from late-spring 2009, and retail for $179 CDN (MSRP).
- Kodak also unveiled new accessory offerings, including KODAK SDHC Video Memory Cards, customized for faster video transfer and available in 4, 8 and 16 GB capacities to capture and store more HD video.
*Record approximately 20 minutes per 1GB at HD 30fps.
** Colour availability may vary.
About Kodak Canada Inc.
For more than a century, Kodak Canada has been meeting the imaging needs of Canadians providing leading products and services, helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Today, Kodak Canada's sales, marketing, service and support teams are committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy enabling Consumers to use Kodak's system of digital and traditional products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; Businesses to effectively communicate with customers worldwide using Kodak solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; and Creative Professionals rely on Kodak technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images.
More information is available about Kodak Canada at www.kodak.ca.