Kodak expands its line of Smart Capture enabled digital cameras
New models include Powerful 24x zoom and sleek compact with 5x zoom
LAS VEGAS, NV, January 6, 2009 - Kodak Canada Inc. today announced new additions to its digital camera line, led by the high-zoom KODAK Z980 Digital Camera, featuring outstanding control and Kodak's innovative Smart Capture feature that consistently delivers high quality images.
Featuring a wealth of power and versatility, the KODAK Z980 Digital Camera offers a 26 mm wide angle, professional quality, 24X image stabilized optical zoom lens, a vertical shutter release and a hot shoe, all at an affordable price.
The Z980 enables serious photographers to easily handle both long-distance and wide-angle shots, and boasts Kodak's innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically adjusts the camera's settings to deliver brilliant images automatically.
"The Z980 is perfect for photographers who want more from their digital camera," said Greg Morrison, Marketing Manager, Digital & Film Imaging Systems, Kodak Canada. "Thanks to our innovative Smart Capture feature and the Z980's versatile lens, users can take great pictures in virtually any setting - from daylight to night and close-up to landscape. The camera makes the adjustments for them automatically; all they have to do is take the picture."
The new KODAK Z980 Digital Camera offers:
- Kodak's exclusive Smart Capture feature, which analyzes scenes and adjusts camera settings to deliver beautiful pictures more often;
- 26 mm wide angle/24X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Image Stabilized Optical Zoom Lens;
- HD picture and video capture;
- Vertical shutter release and detachable vertical grip, for greater comfort and control when shooting scenes vertically;
- Hot shoe for the optional KODAK P20 flash;
- 12 MP for prints up to 30"x40";
- Bright and detail-rich 3-inch indoor/outdoor colour display;
- Compatible with new KODAK WI-FI Memory Cards and KODAK SDHC/SD Memory Cards;
- Available for $479 CDN (MSRP) from spring, 2009.
- Kodak also introduced new models to its M-Series Digital Camera line, led by the KODAK EASYSHARE M380 Digital Camera. A sleek but powerful digital camera for style-savvy consumers, the M380 delivers an innovative feature package led by Kodak's Smart Capture feature, and also boasts a 10MP sensor, 5x optical zoom, and 2.7" LCD. The M380 will be available in black, red and teal, and retail for $219 CDN (MSRP) from April, 2009.
Also new to the KODAK M Series Digital Cameras is the KODAK EASYSHARE M340 Digital Camera, offering Smart Capture, 10MP sensor, 3x optical zoom, 2.7" LCD, in a slim body design; available in blue, blue-green, silver, and red, and retailing for $179 CDN (MSRP) from March, 2009.
A range of accessories will be available for the new KODAK Digital Cameras including KODAK Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Batteries and battery charger kits; KODAK SD and SDHC High Performance Memory Cards; KODAK Camera Bags and much more.
About Kodak Canada Inc.
For more than a century, Kodak Canada has been meeting the imaging needs of Canadians providing leading products and services, helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Today, Kodak Canada's sales, marketing, service and support teams are committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy enabling Consumers to use Kodak's system of digital and traditional products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; Businesses to effectively communicate with customers worldwide using Kodak solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; and Creative Professionals rely on Kodak technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images.
More information is available about Kodak Canada at www.kodak.ca.