FUJIFILM DEBUTS WIDE-ANGLED J-SERIES DIGITAL CAMERA
The J150w Offers New Features, Style and Affordability
Valhalla, NY, August 12, 2008 - Fujifilm U.S.A. Inc. today announced the third model in its recently released J-series digital camera line, the FinePix J150w. As with its J-series predecessors, the FinePix J150w is designed for consumers seeking an affordable digital camera without sacrificing features or style.
Available in a handsome matte black or stylish brushed silver and housed in a compact metal chassis just 22.6 mm thick, the FinePix J150w conveniently fits into a handbag or pocket for quick accessibility. It incorporates a 10-MegaPixel CCD sensor, an extra-large 3.0" LCD and 5x wide-angle optical zoom lens (28mm-140mm equivalent on 35mm camera) from world-renowned lens brand, Fujinon, that easily captures large groups or distant subjects.
Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal
Fujifilm's newest J-series models gets an upgrade with the addition of Fujifilm's proprietary Face Detection Technology, featuring Automatic Red Eye Removal. This feature can identify up to six faces in a framed scene, and adjusts the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure natural color and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. Plus, after a shot is captured each detected face is instantly checked for red-eye and if it is found, corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
The FinePix J150w also offers the following attractive value-adding features:
- Picture Stabilization Mode: This mode offers anti-blur protection that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement. With this feature, the FinePix J150w automatically chooses the correct ISO sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed to produce the highest-quality digital pictures without the blur and noise often associated with low light photographs.
- Scene modes: A wide range of 13 pre-programmed scene modes provides top-quality photos in a range of shooting conditions.
- Movie Mode: Capture VGA or QVGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you're out and you don't have your video camera on-hand.
- Great Low Light Shooting: The FinePix J150w can utilize ISO settings of up to 1600 at full resolution , and up to 3200 at 3MP, to capture stunning images even in low light.
- SD / SD-HC Media slot: The FinePix J150w utilizes Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity (SD-HC) cards.
- Internal memory: When your SD memory card (sold separately) is filled with images, users have 24MB of extra internal storage space on each camera to capture additional pictures.
- Battery Life: Long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery insures you're always ready for the action with plenty of power.
"We have found that consumers are becoming more educated and are looking beyond the megapixel when purchasing a digital camera," said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. "The new FinePix J150w takes easy to use digital technology to the next level and offers new features such as Face Detection with automatic red eye removal and a 28mm equivalent wide-angle lens, all with a 3" LCD, while remaining at a very attractive price point."
The FinePix J150w will debut in September 2008 with a retail price of US $199.95.
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses. For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, photofinishing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2007, employs more than 70,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2008, had global revenues of $24.7 billion. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
FinePix J150w US Press Release
- Fujifilm Digital Cameras