FUJIFILM UNLEASHES LATEST F-SERIES POWERHOUSE
FinePix F100fd Packs NEW 12MP Super CCD, ISO Equivalency Speeds Up To 12800 and Face Detection Technology 3.0
Mississauga, ON, January 24, 2008 - Following the long line of award-winning F-Series models, FUJIFILM Canada, Inc., today announced its latest and greatest, the FinePix F100fd digital camera.
Combining a NEW 12-MegaPixel, eighth Generation Super CCD with a powerful Fujinon 5.0x wide angle (28mm equivalent) optical zoom lens and a 2.7” high-resolution 230,000 pixel wide angle view LCD Screen, the FinePix F100fd is among FUJIFILM’s finest compact digital cameras. As with previous F-Series models - FinePix F31, F40fd and F50fd - the F100fd is a powerful, feature-packed compact digital camera. It offers the most advanced technologies available, including Wide Dynamic Range, Dual Image Stabilization, Face Detection 3.0 Technology with an Automatic Red Eye Removal function and ISO settings of up to an unprecedented ISO 12800 - so missing great shots is not an option. It also comes with a two-year Canadian Manufacturer’s Warranty.
”The FinePix F100fd demonstrates how consumers can ultimately benefit from FUJIFILM’s investment in professional photography,” said Greg Poole, VP, Imaging Division, FUJIFILM Canada, Inc. “The features packed into this small camera like High ISO sensitivities and wide dynamic range are unprecedented for a compact consumer model – they first appeared in our S-Pro Series cameras. Combine these advances with our new Face Detection 3.0 with faster, 360 degree detection ranges and Dual Image Stabilization and you have the ultimate compact digital camera.”
Wide Dynamic Range
Dynamic Range, or the gradations of light that exist between bright and dark in any setting, can be easily detected by the human eye, but not by most cameras. FUJIFILM first expanded dynamic range capture functionality on the professional imaging side with its FinePix S3-Pro digital camera. The technology, now perfected in the FinePix S5-Pro camera, has been brought to the consumer in the FinePix F100fd. Through a combination of advances in FUJIFILM’s new Super CCD HR VIII and RP (Real Photo) Processor III, this wide dynamic range dramatically broadens tonal capability and guarantees exceptional rendition of photos with both bright highlights and dark shadows. This expansion of sensitivity captures greater detail, and subtle nuances of brightness and tonality that bring the photo closer to what the human eye actually
NEW Faster Face Detection 3.0
The FinePix F100fd is also equipped with FUJIFILM’s proprietary and faster Face Detection 3.0 Technology featuring Automatic Red Eye Removal. It can detect up to 10 human faces (even in motion) in a scene in as little as .035 seconds, automatically correcting focus, exposure, and white balance, regardless of where subjects are located within the frame. Now the FinePix F100fd is also able to identify faces at much more extreme camera angles than before. The camera can register faces with up to 90O movement in either direction for profiles, and up to 360°. After the shot is taken, it instantly corrects red eye as fast as 0.1 second and then saves both the original and the corrected image file…automatically.
The FinePix F100fd also features FUJIFILM’s Dual Image Stabilization mode which combines CCD shift Image Stabilization with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection. The combination of these technologies reduces the “blur” effect from the photographer’s hand-shake and subject movement even further to provide the highest quality digital pictures yet, with sharp, clean and clear results. Thanks to the new eight generation FinePix Super CCD-HR chip and the RP Processor III, the FinePix F100fd can utilize ISO settings of up to ISO 3200 at full resolution and an amazing ISO 12800 at reduced resolution1, capturing stunning images even in low light while preserving the natural colour and clarity of the shot.
In addition to these advances, the FinePix F100fd possesses a number of other impressive features:
- Continuous Shooting: Top/Final 3 at 1.7 frames per second at full resolution and Top/Final 12 at 5 frames per second at 3-MegaPixels.
- Full Manual Photographic Control: Gives users total control with full manual adjustment of numerous camera functions including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, etc, a desirable feature for the photo enthusiasts/advanced photographers.
- High Speed Playback: No waiting for high resolution images to load during play back. The FinePix F100fd can display images at full resolution at 10 frames per second.
- Portrait Enhancer Mode: Mimicking a professional photo studio setting, by using Face Detection and preset camera settings, Portrait Enhancer minimizes fine lines and small skin blemishes for smooth, natural looking portraits.
- Dual Shot Mode: In this selectable mode, the FinePix F100fd quickly shoots two images in rapid succession – one with the flash and one without – and saves both. This convenient function lets users perform a comparison at their convenience and select the most pleasing image.
- Special Scene Modes: The FinePix F100fd has 16 pre-programmed scenes, including a special underwater scene mode for use with a special underwater casing and a Blog mode that automatically reduces the size of copied images for easy posting to a blog, web page or email attachment.
- Micro Thumbnail: A playback feature that allows for viewing an index-style print on the LCD Screen. The FinePix F100fd will show up to 100 images in micro form, then the control buttons are used to select specific images. An innovative wheel mode dial makes it easy to quickly find a single image by being able to jump to particular segments of images in the time sequence.
- IrSimple™: Infrared communication via IrSimple™ Technology for fast, easy wireless image transfer to a compatible device.
- xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix F100fd features a “xD/SD Compatible slot” which accepts not only FUJIFILM’s traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too.
The FinePix F100fd will debut in April 2008 at a MSRP of CDN $399.99 and comes with a two-year Canadian Manufacturer’s Warranty.
About FUJIFILM Canada Inc.
FUJIFILM Canada Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation of Tokyo, one of the world’s leading imaging and information product developers and manufacturers. FUJIFILM Canada is based in Mississauga, Ontario, with regional offices in Montreal and Vancouver. A leader in the development of technologies that provide the backbone for state-of-the-art imaging, graphic arts, photofinishing and recording media products, FUJIFILM Canada stands proud as a proven solutions provider. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.ca.
FinePix F100fd Canadian Press Release
FinePix F100fd US Press Release
- QuickFact Sheet
- Fujifilm Digital Cameras