Dust off your drone — and camera — and, if you are not already living in or visiting Australia, then book that vacation or business trip to the land down under for the ‘Australia from Above’ Aerial Photography Contest.
SkyPixel, an aerial photography community, DJI and Tourism Australia are sponsoring the contest, which is open to all photographers from around the world. You just need to submit a photo of “wildlife, landscapes or a moment capturing real Aussie spirit and culture.”
- All photographers residing in or visiting Australia.
- The Grand Prize has a total value of AUD 26,986 and includes a DJI INSPIRE 2 Premium Combo, a two-night all-inclusive accommodation for two at Southern Ocean Lodge in Kangaroo Island, South Australia and a two-night all-inclusive accommodation at Capella Lodge in Lord Howe Island, New South Wales.*
* Prize valid until 31 March, 2018. (Blackout travel dates: 9 December, 2017 – 27 January, 2018)
- Runners-up have a chance to win a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone, a Mavic Pro drone and one of 10 Osmo Mobile handheld smartphone stabilized gimbals.
- Winning entries will also be showcased on the SkyPixel website as well as to DJI’s millions of fans and followers across its social media platforms.
- Additional Top 10 Popular Awards will be given out based on a number of likes, but votes can only be entered on images in the Gallery. The top 10 most popular photographs at the end of the submission period (May 2nd, 12:00 PM AEST) will automatically be awarded the DJI Osmo Mobile (AUD 499).
- The award announcements are May 19th, 12:00 PM AEST.
- Submit your best aerial shots at https://www.skypixel.com/events/australia.
- Submissions start March 2, 12:00 PM AEST and end May 2, 2017, 12:00 PM AEST.
- Photos must be taken in Australia
- Photos of any topic are welcome and photos can be taken from any aerial platform
- Submit as many photos as you like
To learn more about the contest and to submit entries, please visit www.skypixel.com/events/australia.
SkyPixel Launches ‘Australia from Above’ Aerial Photography Contest
DJI and Tourism Australia Partner for Country’s First Large-scale Aerial Photo Contest
SYDNEY, March 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — SkyPixel, the world’s most popular aerial photography community run in cooperation with DJI, on Friday launches its first national aerial photography contest to showcase the stunning natural beauty of Australia as seen from drones and other aerial equipment.
The Australia from Above contest, sponsored by DJI and Tourism Australia, aims to inspire aerial photographers from around the world to share, enjoy and experience new creative perspectives of Australia. The contest is open from March 3 to May 2 and welcomes professionals and enthusiasts alike to share their visions of the country. Please find a link to the competition here: https://www.skypixel.com/events/australia
“Australia is a stunning, diverse country, from the inspiring expanse of its pristine white beaches to the raw power of its rich, red outback,” said Danny Zheng, DJI Vice President of Marketing. “Capturing these landscapes from above empowers photographers to see Australia’s extraordinary beauty in an entirely new way, and we can’t wait to see the amazing images from inspired aerial creators.”
“Drone photography is gaining huge popularity in Australia, with the country home to a rising number of very talented aerial photographers,” said Lisa Ronson, Chief Marketing Officer, Tourism Australia. “Advances in technology are enabling us to tell Australia’s story in ways previously not possible, and the levels of engagement we get when we share some of these amazing drone clips on our social channels is just extraordinary. It’s really exciting to be part of a competition which provides such a great platform for this new generation of content creators to capture the rich colours, patterns and textures of Australia’s diverse landscape and share this with the rest of the world.”
The Australia from Above Grand Prize consists of a DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo drone package, a three-day journey to Lord Howe island for two and a three-day journey to Kangaroo island for two. Runners-up have a chance to win a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone, a Mavic Pro drone and one of 10 Osmo Mobile handheld smartphone stabilized gimbals. Winning entries will also be showcased on the SkyPixel website as well as to DJI’s millions of fans and followers across its social media platforms. Australia from Above is generously supported by media partners Australian Photography, Drone Magazine and Capture as well as other product sponsors.
To learn more about the contest and submit entries, please visit www.skypixel.com/events/australia.
The judging panel includes a select jury of renowned photographers and influencers.
- Kirk Hille, Australian photographer and winner of SkyPixel’s 2015 global photography contest
- Mike O’Connor, Editor of Australian Photography
- Lisa Ronson, Chief Marketing Officer, Tourism Australia
- Tom Rex Jessett, professional photographer travelling the world and capturing its beauty
“I’m looking forward to seeing what fellow SkyPixel community members will share over the coming months,” said Hille, who won the grand prize in SkyPixel’s first annual worldwide contest with an image of a lone swimmer off the coast of Lucky Bay in western Australia. “As an Australian, I treasure the beauty of my home country and I was happy to learn it’s the country of choice for SkyPixel’s first national contest.”
Photos are available for download at this link: http://bit.ly/2mhmuzJ
Please mention SkyPixel and the individual photographer’s name for all clean photographs.
DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing innovative drone and camera technology for personal and professional use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more accessible, reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries for applications in filmmaking, construction, emergency response, agriculture, conservation and many other industries.
About Tourism Australia
Tourism Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for attracting international visitors to Australia, both for leisure and business events. The organisation is active in around 16 key markets and activities include advertising, PR and media programs, trade shows and industry programs, consumer promotions, online communications and consumer research.
SkyPixel (www.skypixel.com) was founded in 2014 and has become a leading global community for aerial photographers and videographers. The platform has over two million registered users and hosts thousands of aerial images and videos uploaded daily by users from around the world. Leading works have received over one million views. The world’s largest aerial photography contest was hosted by SkyPixel in 2016, with over 27,000 entries received from 131 countries. In addition, SkyPixel also promotes the growth of the aerial community, with an educational section featuring key experts of aerial imaging who provide tips on how to produce the best aerial photography.