The new Sony α5100 claims to be “the world’s smallest interchangeable-lens digital camera that boasts a big APS-C sensor plus a built-in flash and Wi-Fi.” It incorporates the α6000’s blazing Fast Hybrid AF system with 179 phase detection points and features a 180° tiltable touch enabled LCD Monitor.
- Fast Hybrid AF with huge 179 focal plane phase-detection AF points for reliable tracking autofocus plus touch focussing and touch shutter release
- Large, sensitive 24.3 megapixel APS-C size Exmor™ CMOS sensor and powerful BIONZ X™ processor for superb image quality
- New 180° tiltable touch enabled LCD Monitor
- Shoot cinematic Full HD movies with tracking Fast Hybrid AF
- Expand your shooting fun with a host of downloadable PlayMemories Camera Apps™ to expand your creative possibilities
- One-touch image and movie sharing with Wi-Fi/NFC
Sony Debuts Ultra-Compact α5100 Interchangeable Lens Camera with Impressive Autofocus
New Mirrorless Camera Features Remarkable AF speed and tracking, 24 MP APS-C Size Sensor, BIONZ X™ Processor and more
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 17, 2014 – Sony Electronics has today introduced the stylish new α5100 camera, a new model packing pro-quality AF performance and image quality into a portable, lightweight package.
The speedy new camera (model ILCE-5100) features the same Fast Hybrid AF system as the acclaimed α6000 model, which allows it to acquire focus in as little as 0.07 seconds1. It also shares the α6000’s image sensor – a 24.3 MP APS-C Exmor™ CMOS sensor – and powerful BIONZ X processor. This impressive combination of hardware ensures that the camera can capture still images and full HD videos in sharp focus with incredible detail.
Unique to the new α5100 is its extremely compact design, placing it among the smallest and lightest interchangeable lens cameras in market today.
“Sony continues to innovate in the mirrorless camera space, offering products that are not only smaller and lighter than competitive DSLRs, but that consistently outperform them,” said Neal Manowitz, director of the interchangeable lens camera business at Sony. “The new α5100 is a primary example, offering world-class AF speed and performance in a palm-sized body at a great price. It’s powerful enough to satisfy the most experienced DSLR shooters, yet not too intimidating for the casual weekend photographer.”
Continue Reading »