Nikon Canada today announced the release of the Nikon Df, a digital SLR inspired by classic Nikon design and modern imaging technology. The highly anticipated Df is a lightweight FX-format camera that features elegant mechanical controls, a recognizable pentaprism, and a 16.2-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor, inherited from Nikon’s professional D4 digital SLR.
Also announced today was the similarly styled AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition prime lens. It pays homage to original NIKKOR Ai lenses, with colours, texture and an aluminum mounting ring, designed to complement the Df.
Some of the key features of the Df include the following:
- 16.2-megapixel 36 x 23.9mm FX-format CMOS sensor;
- Built with 9 cross-type sensors, and 7 AF points capable of working down to f/8;
- 39-point autofocus (AF) system;
- EXPEED 3 image processing engine;
- 2016 pixel 3D Matrix Metering and Scene Recognition System;
- Continuous burst shooting rate of up to 5.5 frames-per-second (fps);
- Wide ISO range of 100 to 12,800 (expandable to ISO 204,800);
- 3.2-inch, 921K-dot resolution LCD display;
- Glass pentaprism viewfinder;
- Built-in High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology;
- Compatible with all current AF, AF-S, DX, AF-D NIKKOR lenses and classic Ai and non-Ai NIKKOR glass; and
- Wi-Fi compatible with the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter (sold separately).
Fall In Love Again: Df Digital SLR is Undeniably a Nikon
with Legendary Performance and Timeless Design
Photo pros and enthusiasts alike will embrace the lightweight FX-format Df, which strikes the ideal balance of classic iconic style and advanced imaging technology
Mississauga, ON, November 4, 2013 – Nikon Canada Inc. today announced the Nikon Df, a modern classic designed for those who have felt a connection to their camera, revel in the idea of going out to photograph an unfamiliar location, and know the effort and ultimate satisfaction that goes into getting the shot. The Nikon Df is a unique, advanced level digital SLR that harmonizes Nikon heritage and modern performance in a lightweight and capable FX-format camera. It pays homage to the enduring style and controls of Nikon’s distinguished “F” series of 35mm film cameras, and features technology similar to Nikon’s professional flagship D4 digital SLR. The Df is a versatile and reliable option to help passionate photographers truly achieve their creative vision. Released along with the Df is the similarly styled AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition lens.
“Nikon cameras have played an important role in documenting world history for the better part of 50 years, and have earned their position as a reliable tool that pros and enthusiasts can count on,” said Gregory Flasch, National Advertising and Communications Manager at Nikon Canada. “The Nikon Df represents much more than a storied legacy of cameras; it’s about giving the user a chance to truly enjoy the experience of taking amazing images. The design is unwavering, and the features are the latest in Nikon imaging technology. The Df brings together the best of yesterday and today for advanced full-frame photographers.”