Olympus recently announced the release of new firmware for the PEN E-PL5 and PEN E-PM2 which offers the following improvements:
- Improved stability of touch panel operation during playback
- Support for new VF-4 electronic viewfinder (automatic display switching by the VF-4 eye sensor is not supported)
New firmware has also been released for the OM-D E-M5, PEN E-P2, E-P3, E-PL1, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PM1 and XZ-2 which offers the following improvement:
- Support for new VF-4 electronic viewfinder (Automatic display switching by the VF-4 eye sensor is not supported)
There are two options for updating the firmware:
- Simply launch the included Olympus camera software and connect the camera via USB cable to an internet connected computer. Choose the Update function from the Camera menu in the software to apply available updates for camera bodies, lenses and accessories.
- Download the software updater from the following link:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_downloads_updater.asp and follow the installer instructions.