This video presents “Introduction to McAfee Mobile Security”:
- Brought to you by the world’s largest dedicated security company; McAfee Mobile Security is a comprehensive mobile security service for your smartphone or tablet that:
protects your mobile device and personal data
safeguards your device against viruses and spyware
enables you to safely surf the mobile web
- It is the easiest and most powerful way to protect your privacy and mobile device from viruses, malware, hackers, loss and theft
- Works with Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows Mobile 5.0 — 6.5 smartphones as well as Android tablets
McAfee just announced the release of an enhanced version of McAfee Mobile Security, a comprehensive solution that offers:
- antivirus, anti-theft, Web and app protection
- call/SMS filtering for protection against unwanted programs
- App Lock, a new feature focused on app privacy
to safeguard against privacy breaches by blocking unauthorized persons from accessing data stored in popular mobile apps like Facebook, LinkedIn and Gmail
when combined with the other powerful features of McAfee Mobile Security, it helps to ensure piece of mind for users who require protection against viruses and malware, data theft and loss, privacy breaches, and Web scams
- a completely refreshed user interface
Illustrating the importance of installing security protection on mobile devices, McAfee and Harris Interactive recently released the results of a survey that shows that:
- 30% of Canadian smartphone/tablet owners do not pay attention to permissions when downloading apps
- 83% of Canadian smartphone/tablet owners are concerned that their personal information could be stolen while using an app
- Here is an infographic that illustrates Canadian online/mobile surfing habits and concerns:
McAfee Mobile Security Enhances Privacy Controls for Consumers Mobile Devices
Enriched mobile security solution adds protection for mobile apps and provides refreshed user experience
MARKHAM, Ontario, December 10, 2012 McAfee today announced the release of an enhanced version of McAfee® Mobile Security featuring App Lock, a new feature focused on app privacy, as well as a completely refreshed user interface. The enriched and all-inclusive security solution provides Android smartphone and tablet users with the power to ensure that the personal information living inside their mobile apps remains personal and protected.
Some of the most commonly used apps on the Android platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Gmail dont necessarily require a user to log in each time theyre launched. App Lock, which is now a part of McAfees app protection arsenal, safeguards against this privacy danger. It allows Android users to protect installed apps against misuse by locking them with the same PIN thats tied to their McAfee Mobile Security account. McAfee is the first to include this feature as an integrated part of a comprehensive mobile app privacy solution.
From photos to emails to credit card numbers, our mobile apps hold invaluable data that is often left unprotected and vulnerable, said Brenda Moretto, Canadian Consumer Sales Manager at McAfee Canada. App Lock allows users to block nosy friends, thieves and hackers from invading their privacy and stealing personal information. And for parents whose children have access to their phones, it can be used to control which apps the little ones can access.
McAfee Mobile Security is the most comprehensive security solution available to Android users. In addition to App Lock, the update includes features designed to streamline the user experience and improve protection efficiency. A redesigned user interface provides a consistent experience across all McAfee consumer solutions and a simple-to-use colour-coded system that makes it even easier to scan for threats. In addition to being offered as a compressed file size and becoming more energy efficient on battery resources, McAfee has recently boosted malware detection capabilities by 300 per cent and is now scanning more than three million apps as part of its Global Threat Intelligence Network.
McAfee Mobile Security
McAfee Mobile Security is an all-inclusive mobile security solution that offers protection against the following:
- Viruses and Malware: Provides real-time protection from the latest viruses and malware by scanning for malicious code in files, memory cards, applications, Internet downloads and text messages. It also blocks risky websites to protect against phishing and scams.
- Theft and Loss: Backs up and restores data remotely through an easy-to-use Web portal. It also locates a lost or stolen device on a map, remotely locks it to prevent misuse and continues to track a device, even if the SIM is replaced.
- Privacy Breaches: Reviews and reports on the privacy access levels of an app and checks against McAfee® TrustedSource™ URL reputation database to report risky apps and block unwanted calls and texts. With the newly added App Lock feature, it also provides an added layer of customizable security to protect against the use of an app by unauthorized persons.
- Web Scams: Protects against Web threats by blocking risky links within SMS, email and social networking sites. It also safeguards against potential phishing sites, browser exploits and malicious quick response (QR) codes.
McAfee has nearly a decade of mobile security experience and has protected more than 150 million devices with its mobile solutions worldwide. In a test performed by AV-Test in March 2012, McAfee Mobile Security was just one of three solutions that detected malware 100 per cent of the time.
A free trial of McAfee Mobile Security software is available on Google Play, and is available for purchase at $29.99 CDN. Current McAfee Mobile Security subscribers can simply update their app to the new version to enjoy the new features. McAfee Mobile Security functionality is also available in McAfee All Access, which provides protection across PCs, Macs and mobile devices.
For more information on McAfees consumer mobile security offerings, please visit www.mcafee.com/us/mms.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com.
McAfee Canada is headquartered in Markham, Ontario, with regional offices across Canada. The companys Consumer Software Research and Development facility is based in Waterloo, Ontario.
Note: McAfee is a registered trademark of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.