KODAK has introduced the PLAYSPORT Video Camera, a rugged, durable and pocket-size HD (1080p) video camera that can be used underwater at depths of 3 m (10 ft). It features a 2.0-in. LCD screen, low-light performance, can also capture HD stills at 5MP resolution (16:9), and accepts the 32GB SD memory card for up to 10 hours of HD movie recording. Available in Black (“Abyss”), Blue (“Wave Crash”) and Purple (“Adrenaline Rush”) for US $150 MSRP beginning in April 2010.
Rugged KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera Captures Adventures in HD – Even Underwater
Kodak engages consumers online to find new name “PLAYSPORT”
Rochester, NY, Jan. 6 — Eastman Kodak Company today introduced the new KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera, a rugged, durable and pocket-size HD video camera with an appetite for adventure. The KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera is specifically designed for consumers with active lifestyles, allowing them to capture full 1080p HD video – even underwater* – with the touch of a button.
The KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera is waterproof up to 10 feet and features built-in software and USB cable output so users can edit and easily share with family and friends through sites such as YouTube and Facebook. The KODAK PLAYSPORT also features electronic image stabilization and KODAK Imaging Science for sharper videos with vibrant colors and less blur.
“Today’s consumers want to easily capture and share life’s moments anywhere they happen without trading off quality,” said Phil Scott, Vice President of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices, Kodak. “We designed the KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera with this in mind, combining the superior features of our HD digital video cameras with a rugged, waterproof exterior so consumers can capture their KODAK Moments in more places – from the inside of a halfpipe on a snowboard or while duck diving on your surfboard.”
KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera Features:
- Waterproof up to 10 ft. (3 m)
- Full 1080p HD video capture at 30 fps
- Electronic image stabilization
- Brilliant 2.0” color LCD display
- LCD Glare Shield
- Capture 5 MP HD stills (16:9)
- Edit and upload to the Web with built-in software and included USB cable
- Smart face tracking technology
- Incredible low-light performance
- Expandable SD/SDHC Card slot for memory cards up to 32 GB, that can record up to 10 hours of HD video**
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery with in-camera charging
- HDMI cable output (HDMI cable included)
- Remote control compatible (remote control sold separately)
- MAC and PC compatible
The KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera will be available in Abyss (black), Wave Crash (blue) and Adrenaline Rush (purple) for US $149.95 MSRP beginning in April 2010 at major retailers including Best Buy and Amazon.com, as well as Kodak.com. The KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera is also now available for pre-orders on Amazon.com.
*Colors and availability may vary by region
A range of accessories are available for the KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera, including:
- KODAK SDHC Memory Cards, available in 4, 8 and 16 GB customized for optimal video capture
- KODAK Adventure Mount for helmet, handlebars and more
- KODAK Flexi-Tripods
- KODAK Cases, Camera Bags and Neck Straps
- Remote control
- KODAK Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery KLIC-7004
- Battery charger options including KODAK Li-Ion Universal Battery Charger K7600-C, KODAK Solar Charger KS100-C+2, KODAK Portable Charger KP100-C+2
Consumers Help Name Newest Video Camera
Through crowdsourcing, a technique utilizing mass collaboration to achieve a business objective, Kodak received thousands of naming suggestions via Twitter and its 1000 Words blog, for the new video camera. Two winning entries were chosen: Mike Colbourn of Williston, Vermont, entered the name ‘Play’, and Jim Culver of La Mesa, California, entered ‘Sport’. Mike and Jim won a trip to Las Vegas and the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show to join Kodak in announcing the new name.
Kodak is also introducing a new Mobile Marketing Tips guide at the Consumer Electronics Show.
* Up to 10 ft. (3 m) under water
** Record approximately 20 minutes per 1 GB at HD 720 at 30 fps.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery — join today at www.kodakgallery.com.