Amazon is accepting pre-order of its new Kindle Fire [QuickPrice Check], a 7-inch full-color Multi-touch tablet with Wi-Fi. The Kindle Fire will be released on November 15, 2011 and will for now ship from and sold by Amazon Digital Services, U.S. only.
I don’t know if it’s the slick marketing or simply the Amazon Kindle name, but it looks like a winner already — and I bet Apple will regret it did not introduce a 7-in. iPad first. No doubt, one will be forthcoming at a matching price.
Unlike the original Kindle which was basically an e-Reader, the new Kindle Fire plays movies, apps, games, music, reading and Amazon’s new cloud-accelerated web browser. Regretably, there’s no camera.
Here are the main features:
- 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books
- Amazon Appstore – thousands of popular apps and games
- Ultra-fast web browsing – Amazon Silk
- Free cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Vibrant color touchscreen with extra-wide viewing angle
- Fast, powerful dual-core processor
- Amazon Prime members enjoy unlimited, instant streaming of over 10,000 popular movies and TV shows