Kindle Lights A Fire Under the iPad
Amazon is accepting pre-order of its new Kindle Fire [QuickPrice Check], a 7-inch full-color Multi-touch tablet with Wi-Fi. The Kindle Fire will be released on November 15, 2011 and will for now ship from and sold by Amazon Digital Services, U.S. only.
I don’t know if it’s the slick marketing or simply the Amazon Kindle name, but it looks like a winner already — and I bet Apple will regret it did not introduce a 7-in. iPad first. No doubt, one will be forthcoming at a matching price.
Unlike the original Kindle which was basically an e-Reader, the new Kindle Fire plays movies, apps, games, music, reading and Amazon’s new cloud-accelerated web browser. Regretably, there’s no camera.
Here are the main features:
- 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books
- Amazon Appstore – thousands of popular apps and games
- Ultra-fast web browsing – Amazon Silk
- Free cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Vibrant color touchscreen with extra-wide viewing angle
- Fast, powerful dual-core processor
- Amazon Prime members enjoy unlimited, instant streaming of over 10,000 popular movies and TV shows
Have some thoughts about this article you'd like to share with us? Let us know in the comments.