Amazon.com Widgets

COMMENT
Articles

Japanese Firm Develops Glass With Almost No Reflection

Nippon Electric Glass Co Ltd has developed a glass substrate that it calls “invisible glass” which allows about 99.5% of incoming light to pass through it, reflecting only about 0.5% of the light. Compare this to a normal glass substrate where about 92% of incoming light passes through it, and the rest 8% of the light is reflected off it. The result is that you cannot tell whether there is a glass in front of you or not since the reflection is so minimal.

Hopefully, we should soon see this being used in the LCD of cameras so that viewing it in bright light won’t be a problem anymore. Its use on doors would require warning stickers on the glass so people don’t walk right through them.

Read the article at: Techon.

If you've enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY PRINTER-FRIENDLY

USER RATINGS: 1-Bad, 2-Poor, 3-Average, 4-Good, 5-Excellent

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3.00 out of 5, 2 votes)
Loading ... Loading ...

reCAPTCHA: If you are not sure what the words are, click the reload button next to the distorted words. Only the first word need be correctly typed in. By entering the second word, you are helping digitize old texts. Thank you!