Induro Introduces the PHD3 Multi-Axis Panhead
New tripod accessory offers photographers the unique ability to provide single locking knob control of dual axis panhead movements
North White Plains, NY – November 4, 2013 – Induro today announced the immediate availability of its PHD3 Multi-Axis Panhead, a new product which offers photographers the convenience and speed of a ballhead with the precise control of a panhead. The new PHD3 is ideal for architectural photography, studio and on-location shoots as well as anyplace where speed and precise solid camera position are important. Each PHD3 includes a matching Arca-Swiss compatible Quick Release Plate (PU70).
An independent locking knob controls 360° rotation on a panning base with graduated scale, and a top mounted Quick-Release system can be rotated 90° to match the orientation of virtually any Arca-Swiss style compatible camera, lens and accessory plate. A double safety lock on the Quick Release (QR) clamp allows lateral adjustment of QR plates while also assuring a safer and more secure change of equipment.
“The new PHD3 is a continuation of Induro’s effort to bring innovative tools to professional photographers,” said Brian Hynes, Induro’s product marketing manager. “Now photographers who prefer the one handed operation offered by most ballheads can also have precise multi-axis camera positioning.”
Features of the new Induro PHD3 Multi-Axis Panhead include:
- Multi-Axis Positioning (Patented): four controls provide convenient and rapid five way camera positioning
- Single Knob, Dual Front/Rear and Side/Side Tilt Control: simplified independent on-axis settings with left or right hand operation
- High-Visibility Bubble Level: provides easy viewing necessary to maintain horizontal camera positioning and alignment
- Horizontal Pan Locking Control: independent movement and locking control knob
- Base Mounted Laser Engraved Graduated Scale: see and set the position of your pans
- Bi-Directional Arca-Swiss Compatible Quick Release Clamp: interchangeable industry standard QR system with orientation indexing
- Double Safety QR Lock with Dual-Action Control: assures safer and more secure change of equipment
- Balance and Nodal Point Positioning (with optional 3rd party accessories): extends the capabilities to advanced panoramic and stereoscopic photography
Induro PHD3 Specifications:
- Camera mount: 1/4 -20 Quick Release Plate (PU70)
- Base Diameter: 2.7 in (68mm)
- Matching Tripod: Size 2 & 3
- Weight: 1.7 lb (0.8 kg)
- Load Capacity: Front to Rear 88.2 lb (40.0 kg)
- Load Capacity: Side to Side 44.1 lb (20.0 kg)
The new Induro PHD3 Multi-Axis Panhead is available now (Cat # 479-203). Suggested retail price for the new Panhead is $385.
Induro designs, manufactures and sells a premium line of tripods, monopods and related accessories. Professional and aspiring professional photographers and filmmakers use Induro products worldwide. Induro’s U.S.-based design team ensures that its distinctive Carbon Fiber and Aluminum Alloy tripods offer the highest quality, craftsman-like attention to detail and exceptional value.
For more information visit Induro products (www.indurogear.com). Induro products are designed and marketed exclusively by MAC Group (www.macgroupus.com) in the U.S.A. and sold by distributors around the world.