Canon U.S.A. Inc. announced today the company will return as a Sustaining Sponsor to the 2015 Sundance Film Festival (January 22 – February 1, 2015) which is in Park City, Utah, USA.
Also, Canon’s contributions and activities include the following.
- A special slate of programming dedicated to the filmmakers who push creative boundaries behind the camera.
- In 2015, Canon will invite Sundance Film Festival filmmaker attendees to flex their creative muscle at the Canon Creative Studio (427 Main Street; open Saturday, January 24-Monday, January 26, from 11am-6pm) – exclusive for cinematographers, directors, producers, and crew – guests can explore how Canon supports all aspects of filmmaking – from production design, to image capture, through edit and workflow. The space features an equipment demonstration area with on-site staff to walk guests through Canon’s full line of Cinema EOS cameras and lenses, including the new Cinema EOS C100 Mark II.
- The Canon Live Learning team will offer hands-on workshops with Canon’s latest filmmaking tool,- the EOS C100 Mark II camera with Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus – including a demonstration of this camera on a DJI Ronin 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal System.
- The Canon Creative Studio will serve as host to the Canon Crew Party (details below) on Sunday, January 25. This will mark Canon’s third annual celebration of filmmakers who work behind the lens of the 2015 Sundance Festival films.
- Canon’s Festival activities will culminate on Monday, January 26 with a special hosted screening of Bending the Light as part of Canon’s corporate presentation and not an official selection of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival. This documentary honoring the artistry of creating a lens and the visual artists who use them from acclaimed director Michael Apted (The ‘Up’ series, The World is Not Enough, Gorillas in the Mist). The 60-minute film explores the relationship between master craftsmen who shape lenses and the masters of light who use these lenses for image capture – each an artisan in their own right. Bending the Light features never-before-seen footage from inside Canon’s lens factory in Japan and intimate interviews with award-winning photographers and cinematographers, including Stephen Goldblatt, ASC, BSC (Get on Up, The Help), who will participate in a Q&A immediately following the screening.
The following video presents Bending The Light Official Trailer (2014) – Michael Apted Photography Documentary HD:
A Michael Apted documentary that honors the artisans and craft of still and motion photography and in particular the glass that captures it all.
Below is the full schedule of events for Canon’s activities at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
- Please note all events take place at Canon Creative Studio (427 Main Street) unless otherwise noted.
Canon U.S.A. Celebrates The Creativity Of Indie Filmmakers As A Returning Sponsor Of The 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MELVILLE, N.Y., January 22, 2015 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the company will return as a Sustaining Sponsor to the 2015 Sundance Film Festival (January 22 – February 1, 2015). Nestled in the mountains of Park City, Utah, the Sundance Film Festival celebrates the best of independent film; as part of the Festival sponsorship, Canon will offer a special slate of programming dedicated to the filmmakers who push creative boundaries behind the camera.
Canon is pleased to share that at least 52 of the 188 films premiering at this year’s Festival — over 27 percent — were shot using Canon equipment, up from the approximately 20 percent last year. Eli Roth’s Knock Knock, Amy Berg’s Prophet’s Prey, The Overnight, The Wolfpack, Misery Loves Comedy, Cartel Land, Call Me Lucky, Fresh Dressed, How to Dance in Ohio, Most Likely to Succeed, The Hunting Ground, Tig, and The Nightmare are a few of the many shot-on-Canon projects set to screen during the festival.
“We are honored that so many creative filmmakers have chosen our equipment to bring their visions and stories to audiences. We look forward to supporting them and connecting with them at the Sundance Film Festival,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Sundance provides us with the opportunity to directly interact and support many up and coming filmmakers, and we are excited to return as Sustaining Sponsors to this year’s festival.”
Continue Reading »