This video presents “Touring the Newseum.”
- “An introduction to the Newseum and its must-see galleries and exhibits.”
On Friday, April 25, 2014, the Newseum will open “Pictures of the Year,” an exhibit that showcases dramatic, award-winning images of the people, events and issues that shaped the world in 2013.
- The photos are a selection of the best news images from Pictures of the Year International (POYi) contest.
- Location: Concourse Level, Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20001 Google Map
On Saturday, April 26, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., the Newseum will host Photo Day which includes these highlights:
- To kick off the new exhibit “Pictures of the Year,” Barbara Davidson (Newspaper Photographer of the Year), Patrick Smith (Sports Photographer of the Year), and Tyler Hicks of The New York Times will offer professional advice to visitors and talk about the stories behind their photographs.
- A photo scavenger hunt in the Newseum.
- A program with Washington Post director of photography MaryAnne Golon, who will lead a discussion on underreported issues affecting women worldwide.
- A Nikon camera demonstration wherein a Nikon professional services representative Chad J. McNeeley demonstrates the new D-SLR D4s.
- Gallery Talk: Pictures of the Year exhibit.
- Learn more about the stories behind the news events chronicled in this exhibit of the best photojournalism of 2013.
‘Pictures of the Year’ Photo Exhibit Opens April 25, Only at the Newseum
Winners of the International Photojournalism Competition Go on Display in Washington, D.C.
WASHINGTON, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — On Friday, April 25, 2014, the Newseum will open “Pictures of the Year,” an exhibit that showcases dramatic, award-winning images of the people, events and issues that shaped the world in 2013. The photos are a selection of the best news images from Pictures of the Year International (POYi), one of the oldest and most prestigious photojournalism contests in the world.
Visitors will see images from some of 2013′s biggest news stories, including the war in Syria and the Boston Marathon bombing, along with lighter moments such as Detroit Tigers right fielder Torii Hunter flipping over the wall of Boston’s Fenway Park as he tries to catch a grand slam during the American League Championship Series.