McAfee Mobile Security is now available at no cost
McAfee today announced that a full-featured version of McAfee Mobile Security is now available at no cost in 30 languages, as part of an Intel Corporation initiative to make security a more integrated part of the consumer experience.
- McAfee Mobile Security for Android
- The FREE version of Android devices includes enhanced protection features and unlocks security extensions for Intel-based mobile devices, making it the most comprehensive FREE mobile solution for consumers on the market.
- It includes anti-theft, anti-virus, app protection, Web protection, and call and SMS filtering.
- McAfee Mobile Security for iOS
- McAfee Mobile Security for iOS devices is also available for FREE, and features a number of comprehensive protection options previous available only to Android users.
- It provides iPhone and iPad users with a secure vault for private content, secure camera, jailbreak detection, backup capabilities, and more.
- McAfee Consumer Mobile Security Report
- According to McAfee’s 2014 Consumer Mobile Security Report:
- Android mobile malware almost tripled from 2012 to 2013; and
- 82 per cent of apps track you and know when you use Wi-Fi and data networks, when you turn on your device, and your current and last location
- Many Canadians overshare, leading to privacy leaks and having private/intimate photos being exposed
- According to McAfee’s 2014 Love, Relationships and Technology study:
- 98 per cent of Canadians trust their significant other not to share the risque content they’re sending;
- however, one in 10 (11 per cent) have had their personal content leaked online; and
- only 65 per cent of consumers protect their smartphones and 62 per cent protect their tablets.
Consumer needs to take precautions and use mobile security to ensure that what should be private stays private.
With today’s release of a full-featured version of McAfee Mobile Security at no cost to iOS and Android device users, McAfee is “empowering consumers to experience everything this era of always-connected devices has to offer, without fear of their personal information being compromised.”
This video presents “McAfee Mobile Security – Powerful Protection for Your Mobile Life.”
- McAfee mobile solutions offer customers the confidence to safely connect, surf, shop and socialize online knowing that their data, device and privacy are safe.
- If your mobile device gets lost, stolen, infected with a virus, or an app is unknowingly mines your personal information, you could lose your personal data, but also could possibly expose yourself, your friends, or your colleagues to financial fraud and identity theft.
“That’s why McAfee provides an award-winning security solution that’s as mobile as you are. Protect your mobile device with McAfee and do more with confidence.”
McAfee Delivers on Intel Vision of Free Mobile Security for Consumers
Full-featured version of award-winning McAfee Mobile Security empowers a safe digital life
- McAfee announces details of free protection for consumers on any Android and iOS mobile device
- Free version of McAfee Mobile Security for Android includes new enhanced privacy features, new Wi-Fi protection and support of Intel® Device Protection Technology
- McAfee has also made available a free iOS version of McAfee Mobile Security providing iPhone and iPad users a new array of privacy features and enhanced protection against device theft or loss
- New study reveals the latest threats to mobile users
- New mobile and cross-device partnerships with Verizon and LG
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain – Feb. 24, 2014 – Today McAfee announced a full-featured version of its award-winning McAfee Mobile Security is now available at no cost in 30 languages, as part of an Intel Corporation initiative to make security a more integrated part of the consumer experience. The free version of McAfee’s security app for Android includes enhanced protection features and, for the first time, unlocks security extensions for Intel-based mobile devices, making it the most comprehensive free mobile solution for consumers on the market. McAfee also recently launched McAfee Mobile Security for iOS, which is also available free of charge.
Earlier this year at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced plans to offer elements of McAfee’s award-winning security solutions for mobile devices for free, and today’s announcement is an important milestone in that plan.
“We live in an unprecedented era of always-connected devices, where security and privacy protection are fundamental,” said John Giamatteo, senior vice president and general manager, McAfee consumer business. “With free access to our award-winning mobile security product, consumers are free to experience everything this connected world has to offer, without fear of their personal information being compromised.”
Continue Reading »