PANASONIC EXPANDS HD LENS LINE-UP WITH FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR LUMIX G SERIES INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES
SECAUCUS, NJ (September 13, 2011) – Today, Panasonic announces the availability of a new firmware that enables seven of its LUMIX G Series interchangeable lenses to be HD lenses, meaning they can shoot exceptional HD video. Specifically these HD lenses excel in tracking focus in video recording while offering silent auto focus and exposure control. In addition, there is enhanced stability of O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) in video recording.
Panasonic’s LUMIX G Series of lenses are compatible with the company’s line of Compact System Cameras, including the 2011 line-up of the LUMIX GF3, LUMIX GF2, LUMIX GH2 and LUMIX G3. The new 1.1 firmware, available at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/, enhances the following seven LUMIX G Series lenses:
(1) LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH. (H-H014)
(2) LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042)
(3) LUMIX G FISHEYE 8mm / F3.5 (H-F008)
(4) LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300)
(5) LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm / F4.0 ASPH. (H-F007014)
(6) LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014045)
(7) LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS045200)
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company, is a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth’s natural resources and protect our environment through the company’s Eco Ideas programs.