Panasonic: LUMIX GH4 V-Log L Function Firmware Upgrade Kit DMW-SFU1 for All Existing GH4 Users + New Photo/Video 4K Hybrid Camera LUMIX DMC-GH4R is Only Available in Europe for Both Professional & Amateur Videographers: GH4R Has Unlimited 4K Recording (Cinema 4K: 4096×2160 / 24 fps and QFHD 4K: 3840×2160 / up to 30 fps in MOV/MP4*) and V-Log L Video CapabilityTue September 1, 2015
The following silent video presents Panasonic LUMIX GH4 VLog L & Firmware 2.3 Update Process:
FOLLOW 8 STEPS BELOW:
Purchase the key code kit DMW-SFU1 from this page. This is not for immediate download, as its kit that will be shipped to you.
Update a fully charged LUMIX GH4 with firmware Version 2.3 from the Global Joint Update Service
Export the camera’s serial number to an SD Memory Card by inserting the SD card into the camera and press Menu – Setup – Activate – Export Serial Code to save serial code as SERIAL.LST file.
Upload the SERIAL.LST file by inserting the SD card into your computer. From the Update Portal Web Page use BROWSE to find and select “SERIAL.LST” file on the SD card. “SERIAL.LST” is saved in folder of PRIVATE – PANA_GRP – PAVC – LUMIX – ACTV – “SERIAL.LST then press Upload to proceed.
Input “Key Code” from the kit you purchased in “Upgrade Software Key” to this website to get activation code.
Alphabet on key code must be big letter to input. Please be careful with misspelling such as 1 “one” and I “big letter of “i”” or 0 “zero” and O “big letter of “o”” Please input key without hyphen “-“. Click Register
ACTIVE.LST should auto download from the site. Save this file to the SD card in the folder PRIVATE – PANA_GRP – PAVC – LUMIX – ACTV .
Insert the SD card into the same fully charged LUMIX GH4 and press Menu – Setup – Activate – Import Activation Code
When prompted power cycle the camera. You will find your new V-LOG L feature under the Menu Photo Style.
This is an update to the previous blog, Panasonic Press Conference for IFA 2015 on September 2 + Panasonic Live@IFA Winning Game for European Economic Area & Switzerland: Register Before 23:59 CEST September 20.
At IFA2015, Panasonic Europe is showcasing the new LUMIX DMC-GH4R, an advanced version of the LUMIX DMC-GH4, as well as a comprehensive software update for all existing GH4 users.
V-Log L Video Capability
- Log shooting enables wider dynamic range for colour grading in post-production. Taking full advantage of the LUMIX DMC-GH4R’s Four Thirds sensor, V-Log L boasts log characteristics with 12 stops, allowing videographers to capture the darkest scenes and avoid ‘bleaching out’ details in very bright environments.
- The LUMIX DMC-GH4R is the ideal camera to support Panasonic Varicams used on TV and movie sets. This is due to the Varicam’s V-Log and the LUMIX DMC-GH4R V-Log L curve both being developed with similar characteristics to the Cineon curve, the industry standard for film digitalisation, resulting in being able to use the same LUT (Look Up Table) for reference.
- V-Log is also available to existing LUMIX DMC-GH4 users, via a paid software upgrade. By purchasing the DMW-SFU1 Upgrade Software Key and updating the camera’s firmware to version 2.3, users of the original LUMIX DMC-GH4 can also enjoy the benefits of V-Log L functionality for a one off cost of £79 (Panasonic Europe).
Panasonic North America: LUMIX GH4 V-Log L Function Firmware Upgrade Kit DMW-SFU1: US $99.99
- LUMIX GH4 function enhancement for film production/professional videographers.
- Increases dynamic range from 10 stops to 12 stops.
- Makes color grading easier with improved compatibility between LUMIX GH4 and Panasonic Varicam.
- V-Log / V-Log L were developed to feature similar characteristic to Cineon.
- Pre-Order / Estimated Ship Date: Mid September 2015
- More info and the V-Log L Activation Procedure for LUMIX DMC-GH4 owners are available at http://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/lumix-interchangeable-lens-ilc-cameras/DMW-SFU1-VLOG.html .
You can pre-order / buy the Panasonic V-Log L Function Activation Code for Lumix DMC-GH4 at B&H:
Panasonic Europe‘s LUMIX DMC-GH4R Photo/Video Hybrid Camera meets the growing demand from the film production industry.
- The photo/video hybrid now offers unlimited 4K recording (Cinema 4K: 4096×2160 / 24 fps and QFHD 4K: 3840×2160 / up to 30 fps in MOV/MP4*) and V-Log L video capability.
The GH4R will be available only in Europe from 7th September 2015 at RRP (Recommended Retail Price) £1199.
Compact, rugged and lightweight, the LUMIX DMC-GH4R retains all of the LUMIX DMC-GH4’s specifications, making it the ideal tool for photographers and videographers who want to capture stunning imagery on the move.
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4R: The ultimate photo/video hybrid just got better
Sep 01, 2015 14:00 BST
1st September 2015 – At IFA2015, Panasonic is showcasing the LUMIX DMC-GH4R, an advanced version of the LUMIX DMC-GH4, as well as a comprehensive software update for existing users.
Continue Reading »