12. Just because the camera has ISO 6400 does not mean that you’ll be able to take low light pictures without flash.
11. When the features read ‘Digital’ and ‘Electronic’, er, it’s usually bad.
10. A Superzoom will not necessarily allow you to capture great sports pictures. You’ll also need to be able to use a fast shutter speed and/or fast Continuous Shooting.
9. Scene Modes do not always allow you to capture those shots.
8. AF Tracking on compact digicams tracks subject in [very slow] movement.
7. There may not be shutter lag but is there Autofocus lag [time camera takes to lock focus] or shot-to-shot lag [time between shots]?
6. The Live View on a DSLR sucks, period.
5. Not all “DSLRs” today have a mirror. [I expect lots of disagreements on this one.]
4. There’s really not much difference between the top DSLRs.
3. The manufacturer does not [necessarily] make the cameras it sells.
2. “I’m pushing this camera because I get more commissions” or “Because that’s what the boss says.”
1. You’d get a better deal online [from reputable sellers].
Send us your list!