This video presents Stylus 1 In-depth Overview.
- “The Stylus 1 is a true game changer that provides premium image quality for any shooting style.”
Olympus STYLUS 1 compact
Today, Olympus released a FREE firmware upgrade that further enhances the specifications of the STYLUS 1 compact, a 2014 red dot design award winner.
The Firmware Upgrade v2.0’s enhancements include:
Olympus STYLUS 1 compact with WCON-08X Wide Angle Converter Lens (and CLA-14 adapter)
- Making the camera compatible with Olympus’ super-slim WCON-08X Wide Angle Converter Lens (and CLA-14 adapter) that together extend its focal length to 22.4mm* without affecting the 1:2.8 aperture.
- Giving you the creative potential of the Interval Shooting and Time Lapse Movie modes.
- With the New Interval Shooting feature, you can take up to 999 shots at intervals of 1 second to 24 hours.
- Small Target AF enables pinpoint focusing, while Focus Peaking makes it easier to use the manual focus by highlighting edges in white or black near the area in focus.
- Step zoom was newly added.
- You can jump to the selected 9 grades of magnification (28 / 35 / 50 / 70 / 85 / 100 / 135 / 200 / 300 mm, equivalent to 35 mm photography).
Please click here for the complete details of the Firmware Upgrade v2.0 (January 15, 2015) for Olympus Stylus 1.
New firmware for STYLUS 1 compact
01/15/2015 • Hamburg, 15 January 2015 – Olympus has released a comprehensive firmware upgrade that further enhances the specifications of its category-straddling STYLUS 1 compact. The Firmware Upgrade v2.0 endows the 2014 red dot design award winner with a greater focal range, and boosts its wide-angle potential to 22.4mm*. The new firmware also gives STYLUS 1 owners the creative potential of the Interval Shooting and Time Lapse Movie modes that have proved so popular with users of Olympus’ flagship OM-D cameras. A host of other enhancements include compatibility with OI.Share v2.5, which adds remote wireless shutter release from a smartphone. The new firmware is available free of charge for download via the Olympus Digital Camera Updater.
D-SLR features without the weight
The STYLUS 1 Firmware Upgrade v2.0 gives owners of this high-performance compact the ability to shoot impressive landscapes and indoor scenes without the need for weighty accessories. It makes the camera compatible with Olympus’ super-slim WCON-08X Wide Angle Converter Lens (and CLA-14 adapter) that together extend its focal length to 22.4mm* without affecting the 1:2.8 aperture. Photography lovers who like to travel light will also appreciate the new Step Zoom feature, that lets them easily set the zoom lever to common 35mm-equivalent focal lengths without the hassle of switching single-focal-length lenses. The focal length display in the Electronic Viewfinder now shows the 35mm equivalent familiar to D-SLR users.
Continue Reading »